"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Monday, July 6, 2009

Eye-eye, sir!

About a week ago my left eye was bothering me and I decided to give it a few days before I saw a doctor. I threw out my old contact lenses and that helped. After a few days my eye seemed to be back to normal. Yesterday around 7 in the evening my eye started to bother me again. I had a hard time sleeping and by morning my pillow was drenched with tears. When I looked in the mirror I found my eye swollen almost completely shut. I visited my doctor and the verdict...

Double eye infection!!! What does that mean? No contacts, no make-up, and eye drops for about ten days! I hate not being able to wear my contacts but if it allows me to see I'll obey the doctor... and I guess it makes for easy clean up in the morning if I can't wear any make-up. Shaving, and drying my hair might be interesting because I am seriously blind without my contacts or glasses. Wish me luck my eyes get better fast! I'll see my doctor again on Friday to see if there's any progress.

5 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Oh man! That sucks! Isn't that feeling of not being able to open your eye in the morning freaky? Poor girl! Good luck to you this next week lady!

P.S. I love Lia Sophia jewelry...if only I were rich! ;)

The Smyth Family said...

That sounds horrible! So I discovered that the blogging gods won't update my status because my blog is set to private -- so I have to open access up and post my blog and then I've found it updates correctly, BLAH! How are you doing? When you coming down to Utah again?

Alanya/Ally said...

To answer both of you...

This months special is buy one regular priced item and get two items half off. And your cheapest item is your regular priced. Before I became an advisor I would buy the cheap earrings and then get something else at half off. Gotta love that deal.

And we are coming to Utah on Sunday. We'll be at Andy's family reunion Tuesday through Friday morning. I'll call you later.

Kimberly Kidman said...

That stinks.. good luck with it, at least you caught it before you lost your eye or something!!!

Sarah's Project said...

Oh Ally, I'm sooo sorry. That brings back many unpleasant memories of pink eye growing up. If one sister got it, everyone seemed to get it. I haven't worn makeup for a few weeks, so we'll hang out together looking hot at the reunion!