Saturday, April 10, 2010
Shut the front door, that hurt!
Today as Angela and I were heading out for our 17 mile run my knee started to give me problems before we even went half a mile. In Ashley's words, "What the?!" I was so frustrated but thought I would work through the pain. Well, we only made it about 2 and a half miles before my knee popped... hard... and I almost fell over. I tried to walk it off and said, "Let's make it to the mail box and I'll try running again." Angela said, "Are you sure?" I was determined. The mail box came and I only made it a few feet running before I couldn't even walk. Ouch! So Angela tried calling Bryce to come get us... no answer! I tried calling Andy... no answer! Luckily I was able to walk the rest of the way home, but it still hurts enough that I nearly fall putting any weight on it while it's straight. Going up the stairs is the worst! I know I should get it checked out by a doctor but I am also hoping the pain will go away with ice, a brace, and rest. Wish me luck with my half marathon only weeks away! I want to at least make it to that point and then think about the full marathon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Ouch! I hate leg pains - hope your knee heals quickly, and in time for your half marathon!
Yikes! I don't like to hear about knees popping(I blew out my knee in high school..if you remember so that noise makes me cringe)....I hope it isn't anything serious and will heal quickly. Lots of ice, elevation and wrap it. Good luck girl!
Oh girl...be careful!!! I had to stop my half marathon training because of knee contusions. Yuck!!! I just kept running even though I cried every time afterward because I wanted it sooo bad!!! Take it easy for a while and get in to the doctor if it doesn't get better (do I sound like a mommy!?!). Take care and I hope it gets better real quick :)
Hey lady, it sure sounds like you need to get your knee checked out. I hope you feel better soon.
I agree. Get it checked out so that you can heal properly and continue to run. I hope it heals quickly!!
Post a Comment