Life has been so busy around here that I haven't had a chance to post anything new. I've been doing shows like crazy for work... but it's my own fault. About a month or so back I went to a booking class and participated in a competition with my manager and her down line. She said whoever got the most shows booked before noon the following day got $100 in free jewelry credit. There is a part of me that said, "I am going to win, dang it!" I started making phone calls like crazy and by noon I had 12 shows booked (10 of which were in the next 2 months). My competitive side pulled through and I got a few new items that I "had to have"... Now I'm in the process of doing all the shows. In addition to those ones I've had about 5 or 6 other girls book parties, all of which before July. I quite literally only have 2 days even available to do any more shows. Thanks to all you wonderful hostesses that keep me busy with my business.
I'm down to my last few sessions of physical therapy and I've been given the okay to test run on Saturday. We'll see how that goes and then I'll add training for a marathon in the mix of my busy schedule. I'm thinking I might have to start doing morning runs just so I don't have to skip days of running. But before I do that I have an appointment on Tuesday to see what the orthopedic doctor says.
Now I have to tell you as quick as possible about a few crazy days of last week. After returning from physical therapy and lunch with some girlfriends, I picked up my girls and Brandon dropped off Porter and Mikayla. (Brigetta and Brandon went on a motorcycle ride that ended up being a bit longer than I expected.) Not long after we got home Sammy and Sophia, the neighbor friend, got off the bus. I immediately noticed Sophia's arm was very swollen. When I asked her what happened she basically told me she hyper extended it the night before, but assured me it was fine. I was not about to believe her with the size of her arm and being pretty warm to the touch. I called her mom she came to pick her up. She left her other two kids with me and then around 8:15 she returned with Sophia's arm in a splint... it was broken! (If you're trying to count that's 7 kids ages 6 and under.)
The next day I had already committed to watching a friend's baby. Brayli was dropped off around 7:30 in the morning (I know Emily is gasping somewhere that I was even conscience that early). Well, a little later Ginger needed to take Sophia to the doctor to get her arm casted. She dropped off her two kids and the two kids she watches every day. Life was a bit hectic, but relatively calm considering how many kids were here. (If you're doing the math again that's 8 kids ages 6 and under and then when Sam left for school it was 7 kids ages 4 and under.) It turned out that Brayli's grandma picked her up early and then Ginger returned shortly after. It allowed me just enough time to clean up and get ready for work. It was all worth it when I was lucky enough to be the first person to sign Sophia's bright pink cast!
Oh, and did I mention young women's? Between lessons, girls camp stuff, and Wednesday night activities, I've been just a tad busy. I'm hoping life will start to settle down... but who am I kidding? I've been thinking that for about 6 years!!! Maybe in my next life I'll get to rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
You are crazy girl! I hope all your shows are going well. Glad mine was the first! :)
Holy moly lady! You are busy! Good luck with all your shows. I love Lia Sophia jewelry by the way. I did a show for Kassiah a while back and got some free stuff. Oh, so pretty! Hope you get some rest in. :)
I'm back online and stalking your blog. :) You have been busy. I'm excited for your full marathon training. You are so amazing.
Post a Comment