"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Any ideas?

As of this week I am watching the little girl across the street twice a week for a few hours. She tends to get a little stressed when there is a change such as new people coming over or going some place new. So I feel I need to have a structured shedule while she is here to help her feel comfortable and there aren't any surprises. I think I want to do a preschool type activity on the two days that she is here. Any ideas where I can find a lot of activities for such? I'm sure I could come up with a few... but I think my creative juices won't flow as quickly after the first couple of weeks. My idea was to do the preschool thing for about an hour, feed the girls lunch, and then they can play till daddy shows up. Keep in mind I will have my three year old, too, who will need to be involved. So LOW maintenance activities, but something that still teaches them at least their letters and numbers 1-10. Anything would be helpful!

4 comments:

Rachel B. said...

I loved this website while we were doing preschool http://www.childcareland.com/free.html
On the side it has a daily art project and a daily learning sheet that are all free. So definitely check that out. Family Fun magazine is really great too. If you don't get it already you can get the previous months for free on online. Those are my two cents. Good luck!

I also still need to get that Playroom Rules chart to you!

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trinette McCrary said...

I don'e know if you want to use the computer, but we love http://www.starfall.com/

Becky said...

I plan to use this website: http://www.first-school.ws/INDEX.HTM
when I begin staying home with the girls full time after the baby comes. We will no longer have Lindsey in pre-school and I've gotta come up with some way to get her ready on my own. It seems like they have all kinds of printable ideas you could need. Best of luck!!
Oh and BTW, that bread was SO AWESOME! I need to learn how to make it!