While Sammy and Ashley were at school all day Katie and I had plans of our own. After I was finished with some things around the house we went to a pool party (for those left behind) at our friend, Betsy's house. So at about 10:50 we walked up the street to meet Erin and her kids and then drove over for some swimming on a very hot day. It was perfect!!! The last time we went to Betsy's house Katie clung to me in fear of drowning. Near the end she swam around with floaties and a noodle. This time around she started with the floaties and noodle. After a little while the other little kids started jumping off the diving board and Megan Kotter would help them to the side. I asked Katie if she wanted to try and she said, "No way! Not the diving board." I was able to get her to jump off the side with the first few times landing practically on my head. I would scoot back just a tiny bit with each jump. And finally she was jumping off the side without me catching her and telling her to swim to the side. (She's never had swim lessons.) I told her I wanted to jump off the diving board and asked if she wanted to try. She was timid, but agreed. So the first time off I held her hands and dropped her into Betsy's arms. She realized it wasn't scary because Betsy was there to catch her. She swam to the side with Betsy's help, climbed up the ladder, ran to the diving board, and jumped off all by herself! I couldn't believe it!!! She did it about 10 times and she even went all the way under the water and popped back up. Betsy is so kind to let us come and swim at her house... and even more kind to catch my baby as she jumped off the diving board. That's a lot of work! Her pool is WAY nicer than going to a public pool! It's so clean and she has tons of fun diving toys, water noodles, and floaties. Katie was couldn't wait to tell daddy all about her day!
When the bus dropped the girls off Ashley came running into my arms! She had a fabulous first day and couldn't wait even one second to tell me all about it. She had the biggest grin on her face as she told me all about reading The Kissing Hand, her art project, recess, and the lunch room. I am so thrilled that she is eager to be in school. Now we have to wait 5 whole days before going back... the downfall of full day kindergarten. :(







3 comments:
Stop growing Wyne girls! They are getting way too old...which means that my girls are getting old. :) They all look super cute.
Claire just saw the picture of Sammy down below holding up her fingers for second grade and said, "She's 2!"
oh my goodness! ashley has grown up soo much!! I love her curls!!
Shelby loved her first day of kindergarten as well and we all love those sparkling tops! Jessi & Shelby are my blingy girls & we think your girls look like fashion queens!
Post a Comment