"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Katie... the little stinker!

Last week Brigetta and I were going shopping for a few last minute Christmas gifts. Just before she showed up I asked Andy about my outfit and after some critiquing I changed my pants. I was about to walk out the door when Katie came running down the stairs yelling at me, "Wait! Mom, are you wearing your glasses? I told you they don't look good with your outfit." What a little stinker! It's not like I could go without those... sorry girl!

Katie has been a little more than sassy lately and a recent comment that made my jaw hit the floor needs a little background. She likes to wear her skirts up to her chest... yes, they often look like tube tops. I'm sorry, but I don't care what age you are they are not appropriate and especially not for a 4 year old. Granted she does wear pants under them so it's not completely immodest. However, I am constantly telling her to pull it down around her waist. One day I told her yet again to pull her skirt down. She said, "Mom, this is the way I like to wear them and you just have to deal with it." Oh, yes, it was said complete with the sassy head shake and all!

I don't know for sure, but I think I might be in a little bit of trouble. Andy and I don't even want to think about what the teenage years will bring!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Yikes! You are in for it!