"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Off bed rest, Katie's birthday, and more...

I was able to get off bed rest and just in time.  I was lucky enough to go to church on Father's Day and celebrate my hubby and the wonderful daddy he is to our girls.  And things didn't slow down from there.  The girls had swim lessons Monday-Thursday for four weeks and Katie turned 7 in the middle of it.  She chose to have a Sweet Shoppe themed birthday party and lots of my friends thought I was insane for throwing a party just after getting off bed rest... I only did it because I already had all the supplies.  It was pretty easy in comparison and my friend, Sarah, came over and set up all the decorations for me.  All I did were the invitations and the cake.  The cake turned out so cute, but it nearly sent me into labor.  I was in a lot of pain when I finished it after being on my feet for so long, but I was too stubborn to go to the hospital since it was Katie's birthday and we were going to finish the party if my water broke.  


 Jessica (Anderson), Gracie, Quincy, Katie, Brooke, Courtney, Jessica (Ashcraft)
Her new birthday dress!
It was time! We needed a bigger vehicle to fit our family and we came across this one that was in our price range and had everything we were looking for plus more.  The kids' favorite feature is the DVD system... it might be a favorite for mom and dad as well since it keeps them all happy.
For the 4th of July we went to the park for our ward breakfast.  Later in the day we had a BBQ at our house and then went to Boise for the fireworks.  We took Porter and Mikayla with us since Brandon was working and Brigetta wasn't feeling well.  It was our family along with the Klotthor's, Kruse's, and Sarah's parents, Carol and Steve.  It's become a friend/family tradition and we LOVE it!
 We let the kids play with pop it fireworks and face paint.


 We also had glow sticks and glow masks.
 I couldn't get the flash off when I took Katie's picture.


These pictures were taken one afternoon at the Grow residence.  The kids were playing there while I was at one of my doctor appointments and then we stayed for a little while.  The kids played Twister together... I tried for a few minutes but was very unsuccessful.
 The kids were making it look too easy so we sent Lyla in to help things get a little harder.



 They all had a good time!

DANCE CAMP 2014!!!
My girls LOVE dance camp and look forward to it every year.  It's put on by two teenage girls we know and I think they do such a good job.  That week was super busy between dance camp, swim lessons, and doctors appointments.  We made it through and they were so dang cute through all of it!


 Mikayla was old enough this year to participate!

 Kate Keller, Kaden Wadsworth, Ashley, Sammy, Mikayla, and Katie.

 I had to put in one of my projects!  Brigetta asked, "What's the first thing you're going to do once you're off bed rest?"  I told her I was going to the craft store.  She thought I was joking... NOPE!  I needed fabric so I could make a diaper bag.  I ended up finding super cute fabric for both my diaper bag and crib set.  I was able to finish the diaper bag and changing pad, but the crib set is going to have to wait.  It's not needed for awhile anyway.



1 comment:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

What a cute bag!! I love it! And Katie's cake was adorable!! I wish I lived closer so you could show me how to create your magic with fondant. ;)