Yesterday as I was getting over the last of my yucky illness, Brigetta was so kind to take Sammy to school for me and then kept her the rest of the day. Well, after having her all day she needed to come home. Since we only live one street over and the alley is right by my house I told Brigetta to send Sammy home and I will meet her on the other side of the alley. (Brigetta watches/walks her down there and I can still keep an eye on my house.) Ashley wanted to stay home for those few minutes and watch TV. I didn't see the harm in that since I would be right back... I know there are moms out there in shock right now that I would leave my three year old by herself!!! (Yes, I'm a bad mom!) When we got back, yes, Ashley was fine... but she locked us out of the house! Don't ask me how she was able to lock the door but not figure out how to unlock it. Anyway, we were freezing since I just grabbed light jackets and slippers and I then had to interrupt Brigetta on her way out the door to bring me my spare key. I met her in the alley and when I got back to the house Sammy was yelling at Ashley through the window instructions on how to unlock the door... it didn't work. Thanks to my "preparedness" (ha, ha) we were able to get back in the house before the officials were called. Are we insane or what?
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Hello? Anybody there?
Yesterday as I was getting over the last of my yucky illness, Brigetta was so kind to take Sammy to school for me and then kept her the rest of the day. Well, after having her all day she needed to come home. Since we only live one street over and the alley is right by my house I told Brigetta to send Sammy home and I will meet her on the other side of the alley. (Brigetta watches/walks her down there and I can still keep an eye on my house.) Ashley wanted to stay home for those few minutes and watch TV. I didn't see the harm in that since I would be right back... I know there are moms out there in shock right now that I would leave my three year old by herself!!! (Yes, I'm a bad mom!) When we got back, yes, Ashley was fine... but she locked us out of the house! Don't ask me how she was able to lock the door but not figure out how to unlock it. Anyway, we were freezing since I just grabbed light jackets and slippers and I then had to interrupt Brigetta on her way out the door to bring me my spare key. I met her in the alley and when I got back to the house Sammy was yelling at Ashley through the window instructions on how to unlock the door... it didn't work. Thanks to my "preparedness" (ha, ha) we were able to get back in the house before the officials were called. Are we insane or what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Your crazy. Thanks for the b day wish!
That is stinkin' awesome! I wish I could have been a hidden angel listening to Sammy instruct Ashley how to open the door.
Hey Missie! What's happening??
So sorry! If it makes you feel any better, the kids have locked me out of the car on a few occasions. I've been Sammy yelling through the window trying to get a 2 year old to hit the unlock button. AGGGH!
Ha ha...yes ma'am she did. I'll work on getting my blog updated. I'm a slacker :)
Post a Comment