"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Celebrate!

We've been away out of town, but now we're home and ready to tell you all about our trip. We were gone for 10 days and a lot happened so I'll show you some of the highlights of our vacation.
Christmas Holiday at Nate and Emily Koenig's house!... the before...

Finding our stockings filled with yummy breakfast, toys, and goodies. I'm not sure how awake Ashley was...


Opening presents with family... (Notice the apron? For all you BYU fans, it says, "I eat red meat on and off the field"
...During...
Of course the aftermath is impressive! The garbage man decided to skip Seven Iron Court for 2 weeks so all of this sat either at the end of the driveway in 3 giant garbage cans or in the garage!The tents were big hits! Sammy and Ashley both received one and they each match the sheets on their beds. What a lucky coincident that was!The Barbie doll house was the question of the morning! "Who is that for?" Andy is such a dedicated daddy... he stayed up late to put on all the ridiculously tiny stickers!But it seemed to be totally worth it!The inflatable chairs were also a big hit... unfortunately all three popped within a few days. Hopefully I will be able to exchange them.Yes, that is a night mask Sammy is wearing. It came in the tent package... and she actually uses it. Funny girl!Another thing we did, well the girls at least, was glitter toes!Emily has a friend that came to her house and we all got our toes done!The poor girl is pregnant and sat on that floor for a couple hours pampering us... but she made big bucks, too!Ashley had asked so sweetly if she could have sparkles on her toes, too. I couldn't say no to her puppy dog eyes. She was so happy to get them done that it was totally worth it.(Lexi and Jayda's friends left before the picture was taken, but these are the toes of the family girls! They turned out way cute!)Of course the cheerleading outfits were funny...Because Utah beat BYU! (This is a picture of Ashley watching the Utah vs. Alabama game)And to top it off... the ride in the car. (This was actually taken on the way to Grandma and Grandpa Wyne's house, but it was pretty cute.) The girls were amazingly great in the car on the way home. It was such a blessing! We ended up coming home a day early and Andy said, "Okay, we're not telling anyone that we're home so we can sluff church. Right?" I made him go anyway and it turned out to be a very good thing we came home early. Poor Melissa would have been left alone to conduct, float, and do sharing time in primary (1st Sunday of the year) if I hadn't come today.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I can't believe you were there and I didn't know it! Sorry I couldn't even talk much when you called, I was literally finishing packing and leaving for the airport within minutes. I will be in Boise in the spring I think and in Utah so I'll definitely make sure we get together (cheesecake factory again???) Looks like your Christmas was tons of fun, the girls are adorable! Love Ya!

chingchong7 said...

Fun pictures!!! We miss you guys already. Wish we could have played more while you were here, but I'm looking forward to the end of this month. We need to start planning what we want to do!!!