"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools Day!

Late last night we heard something scratching and banging against our window in the living room. I went downstairs and asked Andy what it was. He didn't know, so we opened the front door to see what was going on... This was my reaction. (Can you guess what it was?)




I bet you couldn't guess! Well...

This is what we found!

There was a live chicken tied to our doorknob! That's right! A live chicken!!! There was also a note attached that read, "April Fools! Eat me!" We knew right away that it was Brandon and Brigetta that put it there. A friend of theirs put a chicken on their doorstep a few years back while we were visiting... plus, we saw them drive past our house. So I called her and said, "Ha, ha! Very funny!" Well, we got the idea to go and put it on someone else's door... so Andy and Brandon walked down to another friend's house and tied the feathered devil to their door. They thought it was teenagers knocking on doors and running. So they ran to the back door in hopes of catching the "teenagers" and when they didn't catch anyone they went to the front door and found the chicken! Ha, ha! They laughed about it and then turned around and put it on someone else's door. How funny is that? Needless to say, this psycho chicken has been passed around the ward and lots of people don't even know who started it all! Ha, ha! One girl didn't know what to do with it so she started calling people asking if it was them and if they wanted a chicken. While at mutual tonight she even got clucked at... so funny! I think this April Fools Day joke tops the charts! Andy made sure I posted this one... especially me screaming at a chicken flying into our window that separated us. Happy April Fools Day, everyone!!!

4 comments:

Rachel B. said...

That is such a great April Fool's Day joke. I love the goofy, harmless ones. It's not fun when it gets mean. I would seriously have died from randomness laughing if I opened my door and saw that. I also love your reaction!

Becky said...

Does Jen G. KNOW this is all because of YOU???? Oh my goodness...We both sat on the phone for a while trying to figure out who the heck did this! Funny, but not funny! She's been blaming Brent K all along, who completely denies it. Well, "Steve" as he's been named now has a new home on an unsuspecting farm as of last night. Too funny.

Sarah's Project said...

Way to go and pass the fun along, I'm just glad we live in Am. Falls and didn't get the chicken!

Sherri Harward said...

O.k that is really funny. I think that I am going to have to take that joke and do it next year to my sisters and brothers