"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We're Back!

Okay, I know I've been a slacker on the blogging thing but we've been out of town. Since I last posted I ran my 4th half marathon race (Saturday the 11th). This one was called Fit For Life and the finish line was across home plate at the Boise Hawks Stadium. My official time was 2:03:14 and I think my face said it all. I was completely shocked since I only ran once in the previous two weeks and I still managed to cut another 6 minutes off my time. Who knew I had it in me?
Later that day we celebrated Andy's birthday at Tucano's with some friends... Yummy food, great atmosphere, and awesome company. He got spoiled once again and got Guitar Hero World Tour (new guitar included). Happy 30th, Andy! I love you so much and I'm glad you were born!

We left Sunday to go down to Utah. We stayed a couple nights at my brother's house and while there I did my second Lia Sophia show for my SIL, Cindy. It was a success and we had a good time. Andy I think would disagree. He took the girls to a movie while the show took place. He came back and said he was NEVER taking Katie to another movie.
Tuesday morning we headed up to Midway for the annual Wyne Family Reunion. We were the last ones to arrive and it seemed everyone was already having a ton of fun. Our girls played, ate, played, got wet, played, ate and slept... a little. They love being able to play with all their cousins for 3 whole days. And now they are big enough to do sleepovers with them.
Andy and I had to make the most of our room and tried to laugh about it. I asked Andy where our room was and he said, "We're in the fish bowl." Huh? That's right! We slept in a fish bowl.
It was a two story room in the middle of the cabin with windows on all sides. Andy's sisters, Dana and Mindy, were kind enough to find sheets to hang up, but they fell down shortly after. So, we changed in the bathrooms, put Katie down for naps in the Brown's room (thanks SO much for offering), and awoke to little faces pushed against the windows. Our family activity we planned was Family Jeopardy. Each category was a family and there were 6 questions in each. The last category was "Who Knows" which meant it could come from any family. One of the questions was, "Which cousin said, 'Jesus has eyeballs in his pocket.'?" (Sammy) Mindy made some comment on how it wasn't on my blog... Sally piped up and said, "Actually it is on her blog." Ha, ha. At least I know someone pays close attention to the funny things my girls say.

One of my favorite things while at the reunion: getting to know my SIL, Gwendolyn, better. She and Nate got married 2 years ago and they live in California. So we only see them about once a year. My not so favorite thing: running up hill for our last mile with Amy and Emily. The other 6 miles of the run was fun and I'm glad they (including Lisa) will run with me as slow as I am. You can check out Sarah's blog for more on the reunion.

Friday we headed back to Adam and Cindy's house. We layed the girls down for naps after all the playing on little sleep and they were OUT. I went to Amara... yahoo! And later that night our friends Kurtt and Marilyn came over for some games. It was so fun to see them again. It's been way too long.

Saturday we got up at the crack of 7:00 and went to Lagoon!!! That was part of the deal coming down to Utah and believe it or not Andy didn't disagree with me. Check out Cindy's blog for the awesome day we had.

1 comment:

Juliette said...

Good for you, I am impressed by the number of races you have ran! I will soon have to join you.