"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1st Day of School!

Today was Sammy's first day of Kindergarten! She rode the bus there and back with a grin just like this one! She told me all about her teacher, friends, recess, and snack time. Apparently that was the best part because they got chocolate chip cookies... but not the girl next to her because she's allergic. What? (Poor girl doesn't get to enjoy the yumminess.) I thought I might get a little emotional because most mom's do when their first kid goes off to school. Nope! I sent her on her way and went shopping with only TWO girls. Yahoo! I'm glad she gets to ride the bus with a couple of her friends and it stops just across the street. (It'll be nice for those cold winter days when I can stay inside and watch from the window.) Okay, so I have to mention the outfit. Andy and I discussed whether or not to get her a new outfit for the first day of school. The child has more clothes than I do! (I love that we get all of Thueson's hand-me-downs!!!) Anyway, Andy convinced me since it was always a tradition in their family... and since he caved on the ear piercing I thought it was the least I could do. So I took Sammy to good ol' Target and had her try on different outfits. She chose this particular one all by herself and said, "Definitely this one! I love it!!!" It had the sparkles and the embroidery! Man, is she a girly-girl or what? The bad thing, those pants are a size 4! She is so skinny around that the next size up swallowed her whole and spit her out again! I even tried slims, but no luck. If any of you moms out there have that same problem when it comes to shopping for your petite girl do you have any suggestions? I'm afraid she's going to grow out of these jeans lengthwise and not have any other options. HELP!

And just a little side note... I think we, as parents, started off school badly. Sammy had an assignment due today. She was supposed to color a picture of a school bus and write her name on it. (It was sent in the mail among a few other things.) I lost the first copy and asked her teacher for a new one on Friday. Last night Andy and I searched the whole house to find her paper crumpled and torn in the garbage! I was not about to ask her teacher for a 3rd copy! I taped it back together, ironed it flat, photocopied it, used white out where you could tell the paper had been ripped or wrinkled, and photocopied it again. It actually looked brand new! Andy said, "I think this is a bad omen."

1 comment:

Amy Knight said...

Hey Ally, the best place to get skinny girl jeans is JCPenney, they have "slim" and "tall" and so between the two you can always get what you need! She's a cutie,
Amy Knight