"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Catch Up Part 2

Okay, so I played a little catch up on the previous post, but this is what we've been up to in the last 2 weeks.
We had our Wanda Witch Party on the 17th which was a success in many ways! The clues were great, the challenges were awesome, and the costumes were hilarious! Here is a group shot, minus Andy and I. I'm still waiting to get some of the pictures of the challenges from the team captains. But when I get them I will definitely post them. Funny! Thank you all for coming and making the hard work and effort pay off!(This is a picture of one of the challenges. The hallow egg is on the end of a spoon and they had to make it up the jungle gym and go down the big, twisty slide without dropping the egg.)
I did run the Barber to Boise 10k the morning before the party and was happy with our time. I finished in 57 minutes and Angela came in 35 seconds after me. Our Bishop, I mean our new Stake President, also ran the race. He finished a few minutes before us and he and his wife were kind enough to stick around and cheer us on!
This last Saturday I ran the Prison Break Half Marathon! This picture doesn't do justice for that BEAST of a hill! If you look across in the picture you can get an idea of what it looked like... and did I mention it was the last part of the race!?! I think it was about mile 12.
I was very proud of myself for running the whole thing. Lately my knee has been failing on me and shockingly I didn't hurt one bit after the race. It was definitely not my best time, but for my first half marathon since July I was pleased. Angela ran the half marathon as well and was an animal! She was way ahead of me for most of the race. The only reason I knew it was her was because of her bright jacket she was wearing. Nikki and Brook ran the 10k that morning and, again, they were kind enough to stick around and cheer us on. At our weak moment in the race they happened to pull up in Brook's car and she got out to take pictures and cheer us on. It was overall a great race!
This picture is coming up on the finish line and I only love it because both my feet are off the ground. Usually my pictures look like I'm walking... trust me, I run the whole time! If you would like to see the rest of my pictures click on this.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on all your races!!! Good for you :)

Rachel B. said...

Wow, little miss runner. Amazing! And that Halloween party seriously looks like soooo much fun. I will definitely have to look into it for next year!

Sarah's Project said...

I'm so glad you did a party too! It was definitely harder this year to get motivated, but it's always soooo worth it. You're amazing!

Kimberly Kidman said...

You are amazing! Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Gwendolyn said...

Wait--you run for chocolate and champagne??