"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Another Race... I know!

I apologize for not having any pictures. Our computer crashed and we lost EVERYTHING! So I don't have anymore photos to post for probably at least a few weeks.

Anyway, this last weekend I ran the Zeitgeist half marathon. I know a lot of you are sick of me talking about running, but what can I say... I love it! A lot of Andy's side of the family came out to Nampa/Boise to run the race with Angela and I. We had already planned to run it and then Emily called and said she signed up along with Nate, Lisa, Amy, and Troy. Pressures on, baby! It was fun to run with all of them and I think a few of them are crazy! Emily had swine flu and ran the insane, hilly course while having a horrible cough and on meds. She coughed hard enough they did x-rays to see if she cracked any ribs! And Troy did Zeitgeist for his first half marathon! This course is so brutal my legs are still sore. The first 3 miles of it is uphill and then straight down for about a mile. From there it's mostly level for a couple miles and then it climbs again. At about mile 8 it was literally straight up! I never stop running for my races and this one I couldn't make it to the top without walking. We were told it was down hill from there and when I reached the top I wanted to cry. We were lied to... it was not all down hill. However, I finished and we had quite the cheering section. Not only did our family run, but a lot of the other family members came just to cheer us on. That part was fun, but I don't think I'll be running that course anytime soon. I need to let my feet heal from the huge blood blisters, first. If you would like to see pictures click HERE. Thanks for posting, Mindy. Thanks to all of you that came out to run. I look forward to running with all of you again! And thanks to all the other family members that came out to support us. It was nice to have you here.

2 comments:

Patti Miller said...

Come on brag about your time???? How did ya do sister?

Alanya/Ally said...

I don't think I can BRAG about my time... but it was 2:13 which is 10 minutes slower than my best time. I'm just happy I didn't die out on the course.