"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Just a little shout out to say Happy St. Patrick's Day! I love to celebrate SPD mostly because it's close to our anniversary, but for other reasons, too. It's fun to watch the girls get excited about it now that they're getting older.

Yesterday I started a new tradition of the "Legends of the Leprechauns" with the girls. Check it out here. (My SIL posted it on her website) Anyway, you decorate a box and leave it in the moonlight for the leprechauns to fill with treasure and hide in an unusual place. I also was telling the girls to make sure to wear green so you don't get pinched. I pointed out that I was not wearing green so if it were SPD already they could pinch me. Katie turned and punched me! I laughed and said, "I said pinch, not punch!" She laughed and punched me again. What a nice little girl. So we decorated an old shoe box and left it on the table in the moonlight.

This morning the girls found their first clue and went on a scavenger hunt. It was really fun to watch them run from place to place and discover the box on the shelf of a closet. Even Katie got excited! The box was filled with candy, green headbands, green cups, sidewalk chalk, and a small activity toy for each of them. Sammy said, "When I get home from school I'm going to unload the dishwasher and then show my friends my stuff." (It's been a fight to get her to do her chores, so I was happy with her response.)

I hope you all have a fun and lucky St. Patrick's Day!!!

2 comments:

chingchong7 said...

Loved that Katie punched you. Oh will you ask Sammy if she could come unload Aunt Cindy and Uncle Adam's dishwasher too ;)

Sarah's Project said...

What a good MOM! I can barely keep up with birthdays & the tooth fairy around here. Also - the book is called "Direct Red." I borrowed it from Lisa. I hope you get to read it because I'd love to chat with you about it. I'm still working on coming to Womens Conference - cross your fingers.