"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Thursday, March 11, 2010

What did I do?

One of my faithful commenting friends asked, "Now that it's been a couple days, how's it going?" since the room switch-a-roo. Well, I was so upset with Andy that night I couldn't even look at him so I slept in the other room. When Andy was leaving for work he came in to kiss me goodbye... the nerve! :) He asked why I slept in there and I told him to take a wild guess. His response you ask? "I didn't do it on purpose." What? The bed didn't dissemble and reassemble itself! "Well, I didn't mean to make you mad. I just thought we would try it out. I didn't think it was that big of a deal." Oh? Then why did you deliberately wait till I was out of the house for a couple hours? Hm. What did I do? I would show you if I could get my pictures to download on my computer, but I can't. So I did something I thought would tick Andy off just enough to show him how I felt... I took Ashley to get her ears pierced!!! The worst part was that Katie looked up at me with her big, beautiful, brown eyes and said, "Mommy, I pwease get my eaws piewsed?" I didn't for the fact that I thought Andy would divorce me. We got home the same time Andy did and he at first said, "What the heck?" My response? "I didn't do it on purpose." Andy said, "You can take down the bed in 5 minutes." I said, "You can take out the earrings and the holes will be closed in five days. I just didn't think it was that big of a deal." Apparently it wasn't because that was about the end of his argument. I told him I almost got Katie's done and he said, "Why didn't you?" What?!! He told Katie she could get her ears pierced when she is all potty trained. She is now more motivated and excited about the learning process.

The girls are all in the same room still, but that doesn't mean Andy has won the argument completely. I'll admit the girls have gone to bed much better for the past couple days, but the mess issue has not been resolved. I'll keep you posted on the updates.

2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Ahhhh, you are a brave woman! That's crazy that he didn't have any issues with it. You guys are hilarious! Now we need to see pictures of cute little Ashley with her ears pierced.

Anonymous said...

I love it!! You guys are awesome! :D Good luck with the messes.. ;)