"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I need to learn to relax...

... my shoulder that is. Lately the muscle in my right shoulder has been sore. I find that I tend to tuck it up a little in several activities but mostly running. It seems to be fine for about the first 13 miles. However, when I run more than that it feels really tight when I'm done running. I know that I just need to relax but I'm not sure what to do in order to relax it. My left one doesn't give me any problems and I don't know what I do differently.

So my question to you fellow runners, what can I do? Are there any stretches I can try before, during, or after to help? Are there any techniques I can try to loosen or relax my shoulder? Any advice would be great! After 16 miles I'll try anything!

3 comments:

chingchong7 said...

Maybe it's because your running
13+ miles!!!! ha ha jk. well my hands get numb after a long run- hmmmm, i find that as i run, i have to kind of loosen and shake my arms every so often. That helps a bit. I think you are going to have to train yourself to relax. You should ask one of those running blogs I linked you to, maybe they might have some advice.

Trinette McCrary said...

I have issues in my right shoulder too. I wish I had advice. Let me know if you learn anything new. You go girl training for a marathon. I hate marathons!

Sarah's Project said...

I read the perfect quote for you today when I was shopping. "Whenever I get the urge to exercise I lie down until it passes." That's my theory - your body is telling you to stop running farther than 13 miles! You're just too amazing for me, but I love ya tons.