I saw the physical therapist this morning and she gave me the "okay" to start running tonight. She said, "Just a jog! Short... only 2 miles... 3 if you are feeling really good." I was also given instruction to run with a patella band for support. I went right out and bought what I needed and called Angela. I was so excited to get back to running and I thought I might have to be forced to stop after 3 miles.
Wrong! I only made it half a mile and said, "Okay, I have to walk!" We walked for about a mile and then I was able to run the last mile. My knee is feeling pretty tight and sore so we'll have to see what tomorrow brings. Wish me luck that I can continue to run! I really, really want to do my races coming up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I think once you get moving again that knee won't be so sore, it is just going to take some time for it to loosen up again and feel back to normal! Keeping my fingers crossed that you are going to be all better again!!!!!!
Good luck with the knee woman, and hey maybe your shoulder will feel better too?!? I just read your comment on my blog that made it sound like you're not coming to women's conference? That stinks for me! Is it because of your knee or something else? We'll so miss you!
Post a Comment