"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shot through the knee...

... and plica's to blame! You give running a bad name! (Sorry, that was lame.)

After going in for physical therapy yesterday I was told it's time for the cortisone shot (too much "crunchy" scar tissue). Yikes!!! I am such a pansy when it comes to needles. It really is one of my biggest fears and I was not looking forward to the shot, even knowing it will help. So this morning I covered my eyes, tried to control my shaking nerves, and got the shot in my knee!

The shot wasn't that bad. There was a big pinch and some burning and then it was gone. Right now it just feels swollen and full of fluid. Hopefully things will be better in a couple days and I'm back to normal. We'll see... wish me luck!

4 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Oh yuck! I'm with you - life without needles would be a happier place. Good luck!

BSU fam said...

Good Luck. It could be worse, Doug's dad had to get shots in his eye. Yuck!

Patti Miller said...

Man oh man! I hope you heal up soon. So frustrating when an injury keeps you down. Not to mention the pain!!!

The Smyth Family said...

I prefer shots over medicine -- BUT your experience sounded horrible!!! I'm sorry you had to have that done -- but hopefully you will start feeling like normal again. Miss you!