I was quite nervous about my knee before I left for Utah with only days before my race. I felt I had done everything I could and that it was time for the Lord's help. I asked Andy to give me a blessing Wednesday morning before he left for work and put my faith in Him. I know that Heavenly Father was watching over me without a doubt in my mind. I was able to run the whole race with Cindy and stay side by side. My knee did not cause me any pain during the race and we finished in 2 hours, 22 minutes, and 12 seconds!
I am so proud of Cindy for this huge accomplishment! She did such a great job and has amazing determination. The girl is so focused during her race she hardly talks or even smiles. ;)
We bought matching shirts the day before and I had to show it off! (Yes, I realize I look like I'm flashing my brother.) After coming home from Kohl's we noticed the security tag was still attached and we had to pry it off with pliers. The green had to show in at least one of the pictures. Great security they have there, right?
Last year I ran this race in 30 degree weather while it was snowing... This year wasn't any better even though it was a month later. It was slightly warmer, but it snowed... rained... and hailed! That's right, it hailed!!! We were absolutely drenched by the time we were done. Cindy didn't have any gloves so I let her borrow mine every now and then. They were wet, but at least they added some warmth. We didn't even stick around for any of the after party (and they were serving HOT breakfast) because we wanted to get out of our wet clothes. Adam was worried we were going to get hypothermia if we stayed in them much longer. By the time we got back home and started shedding clothes we realized how wet we were. All three of my layers were soaked except a tiny part of my shirt where my arms covered it. Wow it was cold!
I'm so proud of Cindy and it was so fun to run this race with her despite the yucky weather! I love you tons, Cindy! I can't wait till I can run another race with you... whenever that will be.
A side note: I thought my knee was back to normal since I felt great and I even wore heels to church today. Later this evening it hurt so bad Andy was carrying me around. We all laughed, but really I'm looking at my stairs now wondering how I'm going to get up them without Andy's help. Yikes!!!
This is how I know that the Lord was watching over me during my race.







8 comments:
Woohoo! I'm so glad you were able to run your race! What a blessing.
I was sooo worried that your knee would be bothering you during our race but what happened instead?? YOU were the one keeping me going and not letting me slow down! YOU are amazing girl! Thanks for staying by my side!! I love you tons too!!!
Glad you were able to run in the race. Thanks for your post, it made me feel better about the baby. I am due June 24th.
You are awesome!!
Glad to hear your knee held up! Congrats! One of my friends was there for that race...she just had a baby so she only ran the 5k and then watched her sister-in-law run the half. Anyway....I recommend the backwards butt scoot to get up the stairs...might feel stupid..but at least you can get up the stairs on your own :)
You Rock! What a bummer it was so cold and wet. Love the cute green shirts. Looks like you had such a fun time together.
So very impressed! You go girl! That's crazy it was so cold and wet. And bummer that we were both in Provo and didn't know it. :(
I wish I could say I'm envious of your race, but man am I glad to just enjoy pix! Way to be a tough woman even through the horrible weather. LOL
Post a Comment