"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween!

This month has gone by so fast with Halloween festivities! On Wednesday I put on another Wanda Witch Party for the Young Women in our ward. They had a great time... but I'll try and post about that later. And for Halloween this year we decided to do something different. So Friday we headed down to Utah and celebrated with Adam and Cindy. We started off the weekend by going to THRILLER! It was a lot of fun!!! If you ever get a chance to go don't let it pass you by. One of my favorite dances was Frankenstein. It was amazing to watch the girl being flopped around the floor like a rag doll. The guy who did the Ghostbusters was pretty fun to watch, too.
Andy was being silly and it took a few tries before he would just smile for the camera!
Saturday morning Cindy and I ran another race. SHOCKER--- I know!
We met up with Emily, Sarah, and some of their friends from Saratoga Springs. This was Sarah's first half marathon and we all wanted to support her. Cindy wanted to try and finish under 2 hours and we were cheering her on!
This was at the end... Cindy finished in 1:57!!! And Sarah finished in 2:01!!! We are so proud of both of you. Awesome job, girls!!!
It was so hot during the race. It was super cold at the beginning and I wasn't sure I would be warm enough. I wore 2 long sleeve shirts plus all my crap for my costume. Somehow I managed to unzip my dress, unpin my stupid necklaces, take off my gloves, and take off my top shirt... while running! Cindy thought it was pretty funny. I tried hard to keep up with Cindy but she was hauling butt. After awhile I slowed way down. I ended up walking a ton of the race, but I really didn't care. However, I feel pretty good about my time. I didn't train for this race AT ALL! I ran once since my marathon and it was only 4 miles. When I finished the clock showed 2:07. My legs are killing me today and I think I may have pulled a muscle in my left leg. I think it's Carma laughing in my face because I didn't train. (My wig looked awful at the end because it was all over the place even though I tried to pin it down.)
We then took the girls up to Grandma and Grandpa Wyne's house. And then we finished the night with trick-or-treating. The girls had a lot of fun and it was perfect. We did one loop around Adam and Cindy's little neighborhood and Katie kept saying, "Are we going home now? My hands are fweezing." They were on quite the sugar high and ran around in the basement for a long time. Hopefully they'll calm down by tomorrow. Thanks for an amazing weekend Adam and Cindy. We love you!!!

2 comments:

Trinette McCrary said...

What a fab weekend. I would love to know more about Wanda Witch Party! Great job on the half marathon for not running much...

chingchong7 said...

Your rocked it Cyndi Lauper!!!! Missin' the girls already! :(