There are three things that happened today that made me very happy and I thought I would share with anyone who bothers with the posts without pictures.
- This morning I got a message from Andy that read, "Tell Emily I'll do St. George." What?! For any of you that didn't know I ran the St. George marathon last October with 2 of my SIL and we're hoping to get in again this year. We signed up as a team and there are 5 spots. Nate, Emily, Sarah, and myself were already signed up and we were then pressuring either Sarah's hubby, Adam, or Andy to take the 5th spot. I was shocked that Andy agreed! He is officially registered and if we get in there is no going back, baby! I hope we get in so that we can run it together and cross the finish line holding hands. I know that's cheesy, but I think it would be awesome!
- The second thing happened this afternoon. I've been behind on taking my girls to the dentist... and dreading it. I hate, hate, hate, going to the dentist and the fear started when I was about Ashley's age. So naturally I've talked it up to my girls telling them that it is a good thing and keeping my fingers crossed it all goes well. The dentist happens to be in the bishopric in our ward and I think that helped a ton! When he came in the girls were excited to see him. He first checked out Sammy's teeth and said, "Well, Sammy, you've got 12 cavities." I gasped and said, "What?!" He laughed and said, "I'm just kidding... she doesn't have any!" Whew. Next was Ashley and the same good news! The dentist said, "They must have inherited Andy's teeth. Doesn't he have pretty great teeth?" Thank goodness for that!!! Andy has never had a cavity... knock on wood... and his dentist asks him every time he goes in if he ate fluoride when he was a kid. Yahoo for no cavities because I'm sure I'll have a different story when I go in for myself. I went to set up Katie's appointment and they told me I don't need to take her in for about another year. Plus, they let Katie take the goodies home, too. She's already excited for her turn!
- And the last thing that made me happy was about 30 minutes ago. I've been learning to drive a manual car. I know, I know... some of you are thinking, "What do you mean you're learning? You've been driving for how many years and you don't know how to drive a stick?" Sammy's teacher even teased me that I didn't know how yet. Anyway, it's been comical to say the least. But tonight as I was out practicing I didn't kill the car even once!!! That was huge to me! I came home grinning from ear to ear. Not only did I keep the car running the whole time of an hour or so, but I had a ton of smooth transitions from stop to start! 1st gear was not such an enemy tonight! I KNOW that is a silly thing to be happy about, but I am ready to drive out in traffic now. Clear the roads!!! :)







4 comments:
YAY!!! (On all three) I think you've had a pretty great day, if I do say so myself!
Love it, and congrats~
Those are all so great! No cavities ever? Wow, Andy! And that is fabulous that you are learning to drive a stick shift! I know plenty of people that don't know how. I wouldn't know how if my dad didn't force me to learn to drive on one. Now you can go on the Amazing Race! :) (I don't know if you watch that show, but there are always people on there that run into problems because they don't know how to drive one. Such a valuable skill in my opinion!)
HOLY COW! I can't believe Andy is going to run the race with you! That is so awesome! Sorry I never got back to you when you called a while ago. We were on vacation when you called and then I got overwhelmed with all the messages we had when we got back! I'm happy for your happy day!
What?? Andy said yes to 26.2? That is AWESOME! I am going to have to tell Adam about that one!!! Yay, you guys will get in the lottery for sure!! You might as well do Goofy and get it over with too! ;) Ally you ROCK!
Yay for the no cavities and driving a stick! I still can't and don't know if I ever have a desire to learn.
Love ya!!
Post a Comment