"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Monday, September 26, 2011

Embarrassed

Saturday night I went to the Relief Society Broadcast with my friend, Erin. We met up with some other girls in our ward and had a great time at the dinner provided. We then proceeded to the chapel for the broadcast. Elder Uchtdorf was a few minutes into his talk when all of a sudden I heard, "I hate it when a guy doesn't get the door even though I told him yesterday and the day before!" I turned to Erin and said, "That's your ring tone." She just looked confused and said, "I'm not calling you." I grabbed my purse and quickly slipped out the side door. Erin's husband was trying to get a hold of her because their baby was running a pretty high fever and started shaking. Turns out she had an ear infection and Erin was apologizing for making me leave. I told her it wasn't a big deal and her children are more important. So the fact that her child was sick was not funny at all... but how we found out was a little embarrassing and comical. Keep in mind I DID set my phone to vibrate. From now on I think the phone will stay in the car or at home during those sorts of meetings.

On a side note... my friend, Becky, has started up a photography business and she took Ashley's birthday pictures last week. Here is a preview. I think she did a great job and I can't wait to see the rest.

1 comment:

The Smyth Family said...

I can't believe how big Ashley is now! You have such darling little girls! Hope you are doing well. Love and miss you!