It's been a week and a half and I feel like a slacker for not posting this yet. I finished my 3rd full marathon and Andy finished his 1st down in St. George! We ran slow and steady and took breaks when we needed. Andy hardly talked or even smiled... so I had to dance around him to make him laugh. He thinks I'm one of those "crazy people with energy at the end". My dancing paid off at mile 15 when some guy said, "You get the best dance award. Here's a whole cup of ice." Whoa was I excited and Andy was glad I shared. I was so proud of him for not giving up and we even sprinted to the finish line! Seriously! We ran at least an 8 minute pace for that last stretch! We crossed the finish line hand in hand, all four arms raised in excitement. It was such a great experience and I am so glad we did it together. Our official time was 5:28:27! I keep getting slower, but I'll take slow and happy over fast and crying.Our other household members were Nate & Emily Koenig, and Adam & Sarah Smith. They were with us last year but this year Sarah and Nate both joined our running crew as you can see. Sarah finished in 4:59:17 and did awesome!!! Nate and Emily also ran together and their time was 5:06:35. They are completely insane! They were flying the first half and then Emily got sick and started puking. They walked pretty much the second half and still finished before us. Even though they will disagree, I think they rocked it!
We stayed a few extra days in St. George and had a blast! We sat by the pool... jumped in the pool... and then climbed in the hot tub... went golfing (guys)... shopping (girls)... bowling... eating out... and watched tv and ate junk food to mention a few. Bowling took place on Monday and it was comical to say the least. It was league night and I'm sure all the old folks were thinking we were the worst bowlers on the planet. We looked funny trying to just bend our legs. Sarah would swing her arm back and then just drop the ball. Every time it hit the floor we would all cringe a little. And then she kicked our butts the first game with a score of 141... I bowled a 60! It was humiliating so we had to play another game. During the 10th frame it was close for the girls for the losing spot. And it was close with the guys for the win. Emily finished her game ahead of me and Sarah only needed 3 points to beat me. I thought, "Great. As long as she doesn't get 2 gutter balls I will be the loser again." She sent her ball down... GUTTER! We all laughed and she sent her ball down again... GUTTER! We all couldn't believe it in comparison to the rest of her night. Next up was Adam. Nate already pulled ahead of Andy and was in the running for the win. Adam bowled his 10th frame and beat Nate by 1 point!!! It was so much fun to be with everyone and I hope it becomes a tradition.
To see our other pictures before they're posted go here. From there type in our last name and the race was St. George Marathon. Sorry, I tried to link straight to our pictures but it wouldn't allow me.







4 comments:
Those were some of the happiest running pictures I have ever seen! Nobody would know you were running a marathon. And, yes I'm a dork, I teared up a lot looking at all those pictures, especially the one of you both with your arms raised running. So stinkin' sweet. Yes, I'm sure someone wants to puke now after reading these comments. But serious, what an experience for the two of you. You guys are my heroes!
You guys are freaking awesome! And crazy! :) Good work!!!!
You guys all rocked it no matter the time!! 26.2 is a loooooooooooooooooooooong distance to run.
Congrats to you and Andy!!!
you rock! Please tell Andy too how proud I am of him, it's all about slow & steady I say. Luv ya!
Post a Comment