"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Funny, but interesting conversation...

Yesterday when Sammy came home from school she started asking me questions about babies. The questions were more intelligent than in the past and I have no problem discussing it with her. I would much rather she come to me than her friends. So we're having this conversation and Ashley and Katie get in on it. Then one of them asks me, "Mom, do you want a boy or a girl?" Then both Sammy and Ashley said, "I want a baby brother." Katie chimed in, "I want a baby sister and a baby brother." From there they thought they would plan out our future and that I should have 8 kids. I explained to them that even if I wanted that many babies my body wouldn't handle it. Love my Katie! She throws me off guard sometimes and makes me laugh out loud. Her logical answer was, "That's okay, mom, we'll just steal them from other people." Of course I explained to her that we don't do that and it's called kidnapping. However, I'm glad she's optimistic and seems to have a solution to problems of all sorts.

1 comment:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Hi.La.Rious! "That's okay mom we'll just steal them from other people!"
I LOVE that solution! :)