And in case you can't tell what the shirt actually says... this might help you figure it out. It still makes me laugh the test line came out darker than the control line.
(Due September 23rd which puts me at 9 weeks today.)
I feel kind of bad waiting to post this after so many of you said such nice things about my previous post. However, since we have miscarried 3 times back to back I wanted to wait long enough to know that the baby was doing fine. I had my second ultrasound on Friday and the baby looks great! The heartbeat was a little low with the first one, but it's now at a perfect rate of 141! (That is right smack in the middle of the range it should be in.) And in case you are wondering how I am feeling... pretty yucky actually. I've been nauseated a LOT! So much that I get to the point that I want to throw up, but it never happens. Most foods make it worse, but if I don't eat (beside that being stupid) it makes it worse, too. Right now I'm just battling what foods I can tolerate. I don't remember ever being this sick so Andy is keeping his fingers crossed that means it's a boy. And I'm just counting down till the first trimester is over. On another note, I've started to get a pooch already. I was wearing maternity clothes at about 11 weeks with Katie. It wasn't that I was huge, I just couldn't fit into my jeans anymore. I've already started the rubber banding of my jeans because I can't... I won't... wear maternity clothes this early. Plus I don't even know where most of them are. It's been nearly 5 years since I've worn them! We are thrilled about the baby and the girls are pretty excited, too. Even Katie warmed up to the idea after being around a newborn for a few hours. Both Sammy and Ashley want a baby brother and Katie wants a baby sister. I just want it to be healthy and to survive the pregnancy despite what Andy says. He thinks I desperately want another girl.
Okay, now I have to tell the funniest story that happened several weeks ago. I told Katie early in the pregnancy because she was being so sweet with the newborn I mentioned. Later I figured she forgot since she kept it a secret from her sisters. Well, one day I had Ashley and Katie with me while at Costco. As I was putting things in the cart Ashley asked me what "those" were. I told her they were baby wipes. She then asked why we needed them. Before I could answer (or give her an excuse) Katie said, "Because mommy has a baby in her tummy." Ashley looked at me and then looked at Katie and said, "Katie, just because mommy's tummy is squishy doesn't mean there's a baby in it." The little stinker! I know I can stand to lose some weight, but sheesh! I've also heard comments like, "I heard she's showing quite a bit already" and, "Aren't you 6 months along?" I know I'm chubby... but just you wait, ladies! I will surprise all of you when I am 6 months along and you will think I'm overdue by 2 weeks. Here's a shock... I'm short! I only have about 2 inches of room between the top of my hip bone and the bottom of my rib cage. I don't carry high or low. I carry EVERYWHERE!!! Pictures to prove my point will be posted in the future.







7 comments:
So happy for you!!
Ally!!!!! This is awesome! Congratulations! And hey, I totally start wearing maternity clothes by about 12-13 weeks too. I mean stretchy pants? C'mon, who doesn't want stretchy, comfy pants?! They're the best! Anyway, yay, yay, yay!!!
Woot woot!!!!! I am SO excited and happy for you! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to get to see some pregnancy pictures of you at some future date. :)
WAHOO!!! Now we can talk about it more! :) Wish you lived closer and we could coordinate having our children at the same time ;) LYLAS
Yay! You announced it on the blog! So so excited for your family!!
Loved the baptism pictures!!
Oh Ally, we are just so excited for you! We pray for you every day & keep our fingers crossed you get exactly what you want - a healthy baby! We would love a little girl just as much but we'd sure love you to get a boy. They're pretty fun too!
So I just had my first ultrasound and checkup and they changed my date -- I'm now aiming for Sept 25th. Wish you lived closer -- we could get big together (and plan for everything). Hope you are feeling well!
Post a Comment