"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our first child baptized

Our sweet little Sammy was baptized this Saturday (Feb. 4, 2012). She has been preparing for this day for a very long time. She could hardly contain her excitement. In fact she was hopping down the isle in the chapel on the way to her seat. She seemed to be a little irreverent, but she was just so thrilled it was all she could do not to shout for joy!Our niece, Kelsie, came from Boise to share this day with us for a combined baptism. Her dad, Doug, performed her baptism.

(Andy, Sammy, Kelsie, and Doug)

It was so sweet to see the both of them come out of the font. Both had tears in their eyes, smiling, and filled with the spirit. They both looked so beautiful.
It was such a wonderful day filled with peace and love. I think it was the first day the girls have spent the whole day without fighting or arguing. And I have noticed a difference in Sammy already. I think she tries really hard to be a peacemaker now and have the spirit with her constantly. It has been really wonderful these last few days.



Can you tell which pictures were taken from my camera phone and which one is professional?


More pictures to come and things remembered that day. We love you Sammy and are so proud of the wonderful decisions you make. Thank you for being a good example to your siblings.

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Congrats to Sammy! I can't believe she is 8 years old! So sorry we had a crazy weekend with family in town for Logan's blessing and couldn't make it!

The Smyth Family said...

I still cannot believe that you have an EIGHT year old! Where on earth has the time gone!?!? Congrats to Sammy for making such an important decision that will impact that rest of her life. She is a beautiful girl! Congrats proud mama!

Kerri said...

Our girls are all growed up :) To think, we started it off across the hallway from each other. Sammy is so beautiful!

Kerri said...

I went down a little further and read your "journal entry." I am so sorry and hope now that it's been a few months, you have recovered and are hopeful for the future. Hang in there. Life never stops, does it? I have no doubt that you will find the silver lining--you are just that kind of person. Loves.

Fossil Photo / Curtis and Shauna said...

Such happiness! She is beautiful. I love that she had tears in her eyes as well as her cousin. Such strong young ladies. I also love the idea of a picture with their dress! And its a gorgeous one too. Were did you get it?