I am exactly 20 weeks today and our goal to "keep pregnant" is still being achieved. Dr. Hodges came in on Saturday when we were expecting him to do the surgery and said, "I don't feel comfortable doing a cerclage on you at this point. Your cervix is really thin and starting to cone already. I would like a specialist take a look and decide." So we waited some more. I was told to go ahead and eat since they didn't know when the specialist would be in to see me and I had already waited 12 hours. Andy had literally put my sandwich on my hip when Dr. Hodges walked in and said, "Don't eat! Dr. Blea is here and he decides to do the surgery you may go right away." We waited some more and then the nurse came in and said, "Go ahead and eat. If they do the surgery it will be tomorrow." I asked Andy to pop my sandwich in the microwave for a second and again he had just handed the sandwich to me when the nurse came in and told me they were ready for me to do an ultrasound. I wanted to cry at that point... again... because I was so hungry. The nurse just said, "Take the sandwich with you. We have yo-yoed you around long enough." After Dr. Blea did the ultrasound and took a really good look at my cervix he decided to go forward with the surgery but that it really all depended upon how things looked once he got in there. It was scheduled for 8:00 Sunday morning.
We went in for surgery and there were comments about my pedicure and I laughed because my friend, Becky, and I went to get mani-pedis done on Thursday so that she was all pretty to deliver her baby... I ended up being the one to go to labor and delivery before her. They started the drugs in my IV and I quickly fell asleep. Andy was told the surgery went well and they were done within 15 minutes. I was put back on complete bed rest and told I would maybe go home on Tuesday.
I was having some respiratory problems yesterday but that seems to be checking out okay now. I was on oxygen all day yesterday, but I'm off and breathing fine on my own. I still have the compression boots on my legs, an IV (no fluids) in my wrist, and a monitor on my belly to make sure I'm not having contractions. My new nurse walked into my room and I said, "Jody!!!" She was my nurse when I was pregnant with Katie and I was always fond of her. It was nice to see a familiar face in what Andy is starting to call jail. Our view is pretty pathetic... bricks everywhere!
The doctor just came in and told us we get to go home today!!! We are so glad, but we know it's going to be a long haul. I will be on bed rest for the time being and possibly the rest of my pregnancy. My doctor wants me on strict bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy and only get up to go to the bathroom. "Sloth! That's what you're going to be." My mom and Brigetta are helping out a ton! And the RS will step in with meals and checking on me during the day. I will have a follow up with the specialist in about a week and then I'll be turned back over to my regular OB doctor and I'm sure we'll reevaluate often. I've only been on bed rest for a few days but the boredom is going to be a trial. I am definitely not a home body. I like to get out everyday and this is going to be difficult. So, if you are ever bored yourself come see me or call me because I will be available. :)
Also, Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! Hope you're wearing green... if not, I can't chase you down and pinch you anyway. I'm glad my hospital gown has green pin stripes on it otherwise Andy might pinch me to have a little bit of fun in this "jail".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment