"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Awesomely Delicious Strawberries!

I went to Costco and saw some beautiful strawberries and decided to get some to dip in chocolate. After eating a lot and dipping some for my sister there were still a bunch left over. So I thought I would make some for the girls I visit teach. I told my mom about them and she wanted some for her girls as well. Today I was feeling a little creative and this is what I came up with. What do you think? (Thank you Costco! That was the best batch of strawberries I've ever bought. I only had to throw out three... and that was after several days.)
The flowers are really easy and quick... and I think they turned out cute.
But the butterflies were my favorite. They did take a little more time but they look so cool... like they are ready to take flight. (Obviously some turned out better than others... the chocolate started to cool before I was finished so it started to clump just a little.) If you ever want to try this for a bridal shower or anything I'm here to help. They were a lot of fun to make!


Awesomely delicious strawberries!!!


5 comments:

Jen said...

Your strawberries are just beautiful!!! I love the flowers but you are right the butterflies are awesome! You are one talented girl!

Rachel B. said...

Yum, those look awesome. You really are quite creative and artistic. I'm pretty certain I would not be able to do that no matter how hard I tried.

Oh, and that table and chair set I have in her room is actually one I found at a consignment store. I just painted it pink then got some circle stencils and painted the polka-dots. It was kind of a pain in the booty, but I really liked how it turned out.

Patti Miller said...

Hey girl, It was so nice to hear from you! I cannot believe how adorable and big your girls are. I am gonna add you to my list so I can stalk you, hee hee. By the way those strawberries made my mouth water just lookin!

chingchong7 said...

Those are soo cute! I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries! mmmmm. Thanks for the heads up about the 20% off discount at Amara! You know I'll be all over that!!

Hollie said...

You are way talented! I could never do something like this. They look so yummy!