It's official... I gave up on potty training. After five days of potty training I've had enough. I kept telling myself, "One more day." Ashley does not seem to care one bit! She does not tell us if she needs to go to the bathroom... and what's worse, she doesn't tell us if she's had an accident. That present is for me to find on my own! I figure she is not truly ready and I will just be frustrated the whole time. So for now, we continue changing diapers for two!
Katie, that crazy little child likes to eat Desitin! I hide it and when she finds it she pops open the top without hesitation! You would think it would taste horrible! Maybe she's lost her sense of taste lately with her cold? With all that mess she also cut another tooth! She is finally starting to get teeth on bottom. For a long time she's had a lot of teeth on top and only two visible teeth on bottom. We're glad she's finally starting to look normal in the mouth... minus the Desitin!
In the midst of potty training we've been trying to reintroduce the "marble jar." The jar represents good choices. Sammy has started a jar of her own and when she makes good choices she gets to put a marble in her jar (cleaning her room, going to bed nicely, and doing things that I ask without a fuss.) For every bad choice she makes she gets a marble taken out. Lately her tantrums have been unbearable! So we told her that for every tantrum she throws she takes more than one marble out of her jar. The reward is that when the jar is full she gets to go to the dollar store and pick out whatever she wants. This week has been a very slow start for her. We started this on Monday and she only has one marble left in the jar, or maybe it's empty. Needless to say it's been a rough week for all of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
You are such a cute mom! Hey, I will pass on your information to my friend. Do you have a number... you can email me. tmsmart@mac.com. Have a great day!
Post a Comment