"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Monday, December 15, 2008

Crazy-busy weekend!

My weekend started off with cleaning of the house and doing laundry... but then the fun stuff started! I went to my friend, Kelsey's, baby shower. She looks so stinkin' cute, and I can't believe she's due next month! This is a picture of the blanket I made for her baby boy, which incidentally gave me a "job." Someone at the shower asked if I could make two for her twin boys. I really love to make them so it really doesn't seem like a job. I also spent time catching up with friends I haven't seen in about six years. Way fun!!!
After the shower I raced to do some last minute Christmas shopping. And then it was off to our ward Christmas party. It turned out great! We had breakfast for dinner, which the girls loved! I think Sammy and Ashley had three servings of everything, and Katie ate two!!! The primary kids sang Silent Night and since Brigetta was leading Sammy and Ashley got to stand up on the stage front and center (the kids stood at the tables by their parents). The funniest part was Brandon asked where Brigetta was so we pointed to the stage and he said, "I thought she was one of the kids!"
Sunday, was a day to run around! I think I sat for twenty minutes total of church! (Thanks, Hollie and Andy for substituting classes at the very last minute... see what happens when your family to the second councilor in primary!)
After church I had more deliveries to make for Activity Days and then raced home to start cookies! I made candy cane cookies... even though they weren't shaped like candy canes. I didn't have the patience for them! So they ended up looking like sugar cookies with a Christmas tree made out of frosting on top. They turned out pretty cute!
Then it was time for dinner at our house with Grow's, and Eisley's! We always love having them come over... no matter what! Around 8:00 Hufford's came over for the season finale of...
SURVIVOR GABON!!!
We were all very pleased that Bob won! His personality reminds me so much of my father-in-law and we were cheering for him!... little bumbed Matty didn't make it to the final three.
After the party was over and guests were taking off... naked ninny ruined Christmas!... not really. My cousin's little boy (who was walking around in a diaper) couldn't get enough of our ornaments! Somehow in the pursuit of grabbing yet another one, he pulled the Christmas tree down on himself!!! Hollie and I quickly grabbed the tree and pulled Caden out from under it. We cleaned up about a gallon of water and about a thousand needles. We are very glad Caden was not hurt, but we don't think he learned his lesson.
Then of course I had to check out the latest of my friends, and I hope Rachel doesn't mind me posting these pics of her baby... but look how beautiful this baby is! So sweet! Wish I could be closer to hold this little girl! Can someone close to me have a baby so I can hold one?




4 comments:

Hollie said...

That is so sweet of you to post some pictures of little Claire. I agree she ADORABLE! I totally love her hat too. That is so nice of you to make your friend a quilt. I know how hard it is to make quilts. You did a great job.

Fossil Photo / Curtis and Shauna said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. It was fun seeing you at Kelsey's shower, you look great! And I absolutely love those blankets that you make.

Jane said...

Hey, I found your blog! I just wanted to tell you that you look adorable! I didn't know it was your birthday, but now I know for next year. Happy belated birthday! I love you, you wonderful woman!

Kimberly Kidman said...

Wow it sure is a small world! I can't believe I found your blog your little family is darling!!