I know I'm a bit late, but it was my birthday on Tuesday! I have to say it was probably the best birthday since Andy and I got married. I started my day off by my three little girls telling me happy birthday and giving me hugs. My sister-in-law, Mindy, was kind enough to watch the girls for me so I could go out to Costa Vida with a couple girlfriends. That in itself was great! Andy also informed me that Mindy was taking the girls for the rest of the day so I had free time. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself! I got my nails done... and I haven't done that in five years! (I forgot how sore they are the first day... eek!) And the guy was so nice he knocked $5 off since it was my birthday!
He then took me to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. YUM!

I know I'm a dork for taking a picture of my food, but it was so good! The steak seriously melted in my mouth. I usually order the Crispy Chicken Costoletta, but I felt like something different. And since I don't like cake, we ordered my favorite (and only one I like) chocolate coconut cream cheesecake. Andy didn't even touch it... he said it was all MINE!

After we got home I raced over to Hollywood Video for my free birthday rental. Andy needed to get some sleep so he sent me to Brigetta's for a "girl's night." (Yes, Andy put the girls to bed all by himself.) There weren't any good chick flicks out so we watched Fred Claus... I fell asleep, though. I plan to finish it before it's due.

It was such a fun birthday! I had a great time with my family and friends and what was just as great... I had so many phone calls or emails throughout the day from other family members or loved ones. I even got a call from a friend I grew up with, but haven't talked to in over a year. I couldn't believe she remembered! Of course, my mom and Brigetta took me out on Wednesday for our "girls" celebration. We went to one of my favorite restaurants, Jalapenos! The manager, Urma, and some of the other employees came out and sang to me, made me wear the sombrero, and banged the maracas on the hat! And if that wasn't enough... when I got to Brigetta's house she told me that Angie Ewing brought over a Christmas tree for us. She heard that we had an artificial one that was too tall for our living room, and so they brought us a real one. How thoughtful is her family? I'm proud to say that I put up the tree, hung lights, and decorated it myself! Well, Ashley put on a few of the ornaments... and then decided it was boring.
I know I'm a dork for taking a picture of my food, but it was so good! The steak seriously melted in my mouth. I usually order the Crispy Chicken Costoletta, but I felt like something different. And since I don't like cake, we ordered my favorite (and only one I like) chocolate coconut cream cheesecake. Andy didn't even touch it... he said it was all MINE!
After we got home I raced over to Hollywood Video for my free birthday rental. Andy needed to get some sleep so he sent me to Brigetta's for a "girl's night." (Yes, Andy put the girls to bed all by himself.) There weren't any good chick flicks out so we watched Fred Claus... I fell asleep, though. I plan to finish it before it's due.
It was such a fun birthday! I had a great time with my family and friends and what was just as great... I had so many phone calls or emails throughout the day from other family members or loved ones. I even got a call from a friend I grew up with, but haven't talked to in over a year. I couldn't believe she remembered! Of course, my mom and Brigetta took me out on Wednesday for our "girls" celebration. We went to one of my favorite restaurants, Jalapenos! The manager, Urma, and some of the other employees came out and sang to me, made me wear the sombrero, and banged the maracas on the hat! And if that wasn't enough... when I got to Brigetta's house she told me that Angie Ewing brought over a Christmas tree for us. She heard that we had an artificial one that was too tall for our living room, and so they brought us a real one. How thoughtful is her family? I'm proud to say that I put up the tree, hung lights, and decorated it myself! Well, Ashley put on a few of the ornaments... and then decided it was boring.
Thanks to all of you who wished me a happy birthday through email, phone, or in person. It really was one of the best because of you! I love you all!
If you want to hear how awesome our waiter was at the Cheesecake Factory, take a look... well, it's really dark. So just listen.







5 comments:
Wow...sounds like you had an awesome birthday!!! Sorry I missed it...Happy Belated Birthday girl!!!
Happy Birthday Chica-ria! That really does sound like a great birthday. To be childless for several hours is probably one of the best treats ever. I was totally laughing (and jealous) about Andy letting you buy an outfit and not complaining. That would be very difficult for Tom as well. I'm so glad you were spoiled. You deserve it!
Good for you! I'm so glad you had a great and relaxing birthday!!! Good job Andy for being such a great husband! Love the nails!!!
Alanya, I'm such a bad friend for not knowing it was your birthday...but...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like it was a geat one. I hope all is well...Congrats on another year!
Hey...I forgot to ask you for your new address? You can email it to me: jkevans11443@mac.com
Thanks!
Post a Comment