"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fun-Funny-Filled-Weekend!

This weekend we were lucky enough to have my brother and his family come stay with us. Saturday was a fun, and funny, day. It started off with running 9+ miles with Angela and my sister-in-law, Emily. About 4 or 5 miles into the run Emily said, "Okay, where's a business? I really need a bathroom." We run in the country so there are no businesses around, but my cousin's house was just around the corner. So Emily ran ahead and knocked on the door. My cousin had no idea who she was and was in his bathrobe! She said, "Uh, hi... I really need to use your potty." He was totally confused and said he was about to get in the shower. I love Emily! She said, "You're going to have to wait, because I really need to pee!" The poor confused guy let her in and then she was on her way...

After showering and getting ready for the day Sammy came up the stairs crying her eyes out. I asked her what was wrong and she said someone peed on the floor. I asked her if it was her and she snapped at me that it was most certainly not! So then I asked her why she was so upset. Her response was, "Because I fell in it!!!" So I headed downstairs with a towel in hand and asked where the pee was. Emily told me they thought the half bathroom flooded. I walked to the bathroom and found the most revolting mess!!! The toilet not only flooded pee... but poop, too! Disgusting!!! I cleaned up the gagging accident and meanwhile Andy was getting out of the shower taking care of Sammy. He asked her what happened and she said, "I fell in cigarette pee!!!!" Where that came from I don't know... but it was pretty funny.

Later that evening Nate was laying on the couch while Noah, his 2 year old son, punched his hand. Nate said, "You punch like a girl... you punch like a girl." Noah started to punch as hard as he could and as Nate turned for a split second Noah socked him right in the eye! Nate said, "Okay, that was a good one." It's rare that I see Andy laugh as hard as he did after the "girl" punch to the eye.

We had a great weekend with the Koenig's and are glad they came. We miss them so much we made Nate stay with us all week and then we're driving down to Utah tomorrow to see the rest of the family... :) (My race is on Saturday... and Nate had to work in Boise this week.)

1 comment:

Sarah's Project said...

I'm so glad you partied with the Koenigs too! I love that Emily has a weak bladder when we run, it's the only thing that holds her back to run with me. We sure love you guys! And sorry about the mess, that's one of the worst parts of being a Mom.