"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I almost can't believe it!

I checked Sammy's hair twice today and both times she was clear of pesky eggs. (I can't tell you how excited I am!!! Wahoo!!!) Andy and I discussed her reward for being so good and came upon an agreement. Sammy and I walked into the mall and she asked what we were doing. Guess! "Are we shopping for clothes? Are we getting new shoes? Give me a hint." As soon as we walked into Claire's she started jumping up and down, clapping her hands, and squealed, "I'm getting my ears pierced!"(Before picture. Still extremely excited!)
(Little nervous because she knows it's going to hurt for a second.)
She said, "Mom, I just have to close my eyes." Okay, you go right ahead.

There were two ladies doing it at the same time so she wouldn't change her mind after one. The right side didn't go through all the way and the lady wanted to pull it out and start over. Are you kidding me? I had her step aside and I pushed it through the tiny, tiny bit of skin. She was totally brave and barely whimpered but as you can see from above she loves them! She was so excited that she wanted to call everyone ranging from Hollie, Grandma, and Brigetta. And of course everyone she saw she had to show off her new bling!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, sooooo exciting!!! What a cutie!

The Smyth Family said...

SOOO cute!! She is growing up so quickly.

Rachel B. said...

Her smile is absolutely darling!!! What a beauty. It didn't go through all the way?? Are you kidding me? I will say that this scares me a bit because we were thinking of getting Reese's pierced this year. I'm thinking now that she will totally flip though.

So we were actually in Emmett last week! :( It was honestly a completely packed trip otherwise I would have totally called you. We were even supposed to have Hollie take our family pictures, but didn't have the time for it during the week. Maybe next time we're out there.

Kerri said...

such a great ending to that lice story. how cute!

chingchong7 said...

so glad that sammy got to have her ears piereced, she soo deserved it!