"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

It's a tradition with Andy's family that on Thanksgiving after we have stuffed ourselves till we hurt we sit around the table as adults and tell each other what we are thankful for in the past year. This year of course was no exception. So here is to my family and friends that couldn't sit at the table...

I have many things to be thankful for. This year has been one for our family to grow. We've learned a lot about our children, and taking care of their needs. Andy's job has been such a blessing and we are so glad that it allowed us to move to Nampa. We feel that we have settled in very well in our new home and neighborhood. We especially love our ward and all the good friends we have made. I am very grateful for the opportunity to run with Angela and find such an amazing friend in her. I enjoy all my time with her and don't know what I would do without her. Most of all this year I am thankful for my calling. We left our last ward kicking and screaming getting out of primary and swore it off! And after being in the 34th ward for six weeks I was called to be the second councilor in the primary presidency. I now know that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor. He had a plan for me and I have learned to change my perspective. I have grown to love those children and appreciate them as individuals... even if I can't remember them all by name. It's still not the easiest calling, but at least I can say that I'm grateful for it this year.

1 comment:

Rachel B. said...

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and what a great family tradition they have. As for me, I am grateful to have you for a friend!