"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Monday, February 1, 2010

A Full Marathon?

I got a phone call last night from my SIL, Emily, asking me a question, "Do you have any desire to run a full marathon?" She told me that there are two she was looking into doing. The first you have to run as a team and it's based on a lottery. We have to register by April 1st and then they let us know I think by April 30th if we get in or not. That one is not till October so I have plenty of time to train. The other one is a bit intimidating even for a marathon. It's done at Walt Disney World and it's called "The Goofy Challenge." The first day you run a half marathon. Okay, that's not so bad, I've done lots of those. The second day, however, you run a full marathon. That's right! You run a half and then the very next day you run a full. You get three medals for that one and Emily thought, "What idiot could I sucker into running with me?" I'm a sucker for medals! I love the ones I have but I'm not sure I'm willing to kill myself for three medals. I told Emily I would think about it, but a lot of my decision rests on a certain trial I mentioned earlier. I think the one in October seems like something I could contemplate. What do you think?

3 comments:

The Smyth Family said...

Miss and love you -- just thought you should know :D

Sarah's Project said...

I think you're bonkers! Ok, so I've fallen off the running wagon, but that sounds insane. Especially considering what we've already chatted about. Emily called me too and I told her maybe next year. This year I would love to try to run a half, but even that depends if I start getting more sleep!

Kelsey said...

I think the October race sounds like a good idea...but Disney World would be so fun!...well, aside from the running like 40 miles in two days part! Love ya!