Friday, January 29, 2010
I Should Be More Careful!
As you may know Andy and I take a parenting class on Thursdays. Andy had double duty at work today so he was running a little late. In the meantime the girls and I sat down together for dinner. Sammy asked for seconds which included another piece of Challah bread. The end piece wasn't quite cut all the way through. I grabbed the bread knife and "Whoops!" You guessed it! I cut my thumb pretty good. It bled for quite awhile and I wondered if I should need a stitch. Thanks to my friend, Christina, we ducked out on the ER. I held open the cut and she super glued it shut for me. Sting!!! The bleeding has stopped and now the tip of my thumb is a little numb, but yippee for no needles and we made it to class right on time. Thanks, Dr. Christina!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
Wow, very resourceful. I'm impressed! Sorry about the cut though...OUCH!
eeewwwww! but glad your ok! ;)
I am glad to hear you didn't have to go to the ER. Hopefully it feels better. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.
Yikes! I'm happy to hear you didn't end up in the ER.
I have never been brave enough to try the superglue method. You have given me courage, and a little bit of a dare! Glad your finger is doing okay and you didn't cut it much deeper!!
Um, update... my thumb split open again tonight. I might have to call Dr. Christina tomorrow depending on if it's still bleeding or not. And I think I may have cut through a nerve. Part of my thumb is numb, like my belly after having surgery. Be careful with those bread knives!!! They're sharp and they can cut deep!!!
Post a Comment