"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Saturday, March 13, 2010

How do you answer the door?

Last Sunday we pulled into the church parking lot and the Wadsworth family parked right next to us. Jeff immediately started calling my name impatiently. He told me a story that I just had to share! With it being fast Sunday Jeff was going around with the deacon boys collecting fast offerings. One of the boys, Jared (who is also the bishop's son), had only been a couple of times and always went to the door with Jeff. Last Sunday was his first time going to the door by himself and he was so nervous. He told Jeff, "I don't know who the Wyne's are." And of course Jeff being the good leader that he is reassured Jared that he would know who we were as soon as he saw us. So he timidly rang the door bell and waited. (Ashley, Ashley, Ashley... I love you, but sometimes you embarrass the heck out of me.) Ashley answered the door stark naked!!! Poor Jared after a few minutes of waiting inside for someone to come downstairs, with no luck, he returned to the car and asked, "Brother Wadsworth, what do I do?!" Jeff was laughing and said, "Hey, at least her pony tails were done. Go back and ring the door bell and maybe someone will come to the door dressed." Ashley didn't even come and tell us someone was waiting in our living room! When I asked her later why she answered the door naked she told me, "My dress was downstairs." Well then... I guess that makes it okay, right?

2 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

ha ha ha ha ha!! Holy heck, that's hilarious. Thanks for the laugh!!

Trinette McCrary said...

Bahahaha! Thanks for making me laugh! kids are such honest and embarrassing creatures!