"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm Ba-ack!

I'm back in a couple of ways... I got home from girls camp last week and had an absolute BLAST! I am so thrilled that I was able to go and spend the whole week with such amazing girls. I LOVE my calling!!! I'll talk on that more later.

For now I wanted to say that I'm back to running! I have officially started my training for my full marathon. I'm a little behind in my own schedule but ahead of the schedule on www.marathonrookie.com so we'll see how I do. I have run on the track a few times and then started running on the roads this week. The best part is I have found a new running buddy!!! Angela had to skip out on running due to medical reasons. It really put a cramp in my style. :) But a few weeks ago Alysa was at the track and I suckered her into running with me. We had a great time and now she's training for a half marathon and has agreed to run 3 times a week with me! Yahoo!!! I'm so glad and now we'll just have to see how the bum knee holds up. Thanks for sucking it up, Alysa!!!

2 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Thanks for keeping me going Ally! I appreciate all your encouragement and thanks for doing most of the talking - it makes it more interesting to run and helps me to just work on breathing. :)

chingchong7 said...

LOL! You are good at the talking while running aren't you. That is something I am trying to work on...oh but wait I run by myself. how the heck are you convincing these people to run? I've tried and everyone flakes out on me! Rude!
Miss you soooo much!
Hey - are there any races in ID during our family reunion?