"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Friday, February 25, 2011

Mickey Mouse Birthday!

A few months ago I took some cupcakes into Sammy's class to celebrate her birthday. Because it was just before Christmas I made them look like ornaments. Sammy told her teacher all about the fun cakes I've made for her as well. Mrs. Massimino then asked if I would be willing to make a cake for her son's birthday. Of course I was up for the challenge. So last Saturday this cute little boy had his second birthday party with a Mickey Mouse theme!
(Blowing out the candles)

The final result! I was pretty happy with it... but it was more satisfying knowing that the whole Massimino family LOVED it! I told her to get my name out there and that I would love to be able to make more cakes and expand my creativity.

8 comments:

Juliette said...

WOW! I am so impressed! I can't believe you made that! Good job! I wished I lived closer, I could have used a little help with Katelyn's Birthday! Hope you guys are all doing well! Miss ya!

Kelsey said...

Oh that is so cute!! How long did it take you? It looks completely professional! Way to go!

Becky said...

Holy smokes girl! You said you were making a cake, not a work of art! I LOVE it!! I had no idea you were so talented in this area.

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Seriously, I must agree with ALL the previous posters. I am BLOWN away! That cake looks completely professional! Wow!!!

Rachel B. said...

Ally! That turned out awesome! Way to go! I'm going to call you for tips from now on. I would totally pay you to make my kids' birthday cakes if we were closer!

Alanya/Ally said...

You are all too kind! I did a practice run of the face on a smaller scale a few weeks before and was pretty happy with it... However, it was a bit more difficult on a large scale so it took me lots longer. From the time I took the cakes out of the freezer, cut the ears down, frosted, covered, and decorated the whole thing it took me about 5-6 hours. Keep in mind I have little ones at home and I wasn't constantly working on it... plus I had an extra child that day.

Seriously, though, I would really love to expand my creativity and make more cakes. So if you are in need of one and have a fun theme/idea give me a call. I'm much cheaper than the cake boss... but you get what you pay for, too. :)

chingchong7 said...

WOWZERS! That is amazing Ally! Way to go! That is one cool Mickey Mouse cake!!

Anonymous said...

That is AMAZING!! Good work! :D