After updating my blog through December I looked back and realized I did a lot of projects as well. So here are some fun pictures of things you can do if you are bored or in a rut.
This was a cute diaper bag I made for my good friend Ginger.
And because Ginger is a little crazy sometimes she thought she could deliver her baby and throw a party for her daughter in the same week... oh yeah, it was a c-section! I offered to make the cake and this is what her daughter wanted. It was one of my favorite cakes I've done!
This is Ashley's scripture bag. She chose the fabric and I thought it turned out pretty cute. It was such a pain though trying to get the chevron pattern to line up correctly. I ended up redoing the whole thing and unpicking multiple times.
My next door neighbor was throwing a baby shower for her daughter and asked me to do the cake.
I had the pattern for this quilt for quite some time. I just had never done applique before. So when Shiloam was out here I took advantage of her quilting skills and asked her to teach me. I think it took me about 3 weeks to finish it, but oh it was so fun!!!
I made this rag quilt for our newest niece, Violet. I was bored and in need of a project. I had most of the fabric and Maria was about due anyway. It was fun to make a quick and cute quilt!
I know this seems like a silly project... the race wasn't exactly my project as hard and as long as it took. No, the shirt was my project. When I ordered my size I went by what I had ordered in previous years thinking that was a safe guess. Well, the shirt fit fine around my waist. However, the arms looked like I had wings and was ready to take flight. It was ridiculous!!! Way too long as well. I made the adjustments so that I could wear the shirt and not look like Dopey.
I know this seems like a silly project... the race wasn't exactly my project as hard and as long as it took. No, the shirt was my project. When I ordered my size I went by what I had ordered in previous years thinking that was a safe guess. Well, the shirt fit fine around my waist. However, the arms looked like I had wings and was ready to take flight. It was ridiculous!!! Way too long as well. I made the adjustments so that I could wear the shirt and not look like Dopey.
This was a fun little wooden turkey. It reminded me of one we had growing up. My mom had holes in the top of hers that she would fill with suckers. Next year I will need to drill holes for ours.
And another fun little Thanksgiving decoration. These two items are the only things I have for Thanksgiving. It sure does feel bare after Halloween.
This project is completely random! My sister called me up one day and said, "Can you make a boutonniere and corsage for my dance tomorrow?" I slightly panicked because it had been over 10 years since the last time I made one of those. I agreed but told her she had to be happy with whatever I came up with. This is what I was able to throw together at the last minute and she literally came to pick them up just as I was finishing.
My Valentine's Day door hanger
This isn't exactly a project... but I forgot to mention it in any earlier posts. For St. Patrick's Day we celebrate with the legend of the Leprechaun. If we decorate a box and leave it in the moonlight Lucky the Leprechaun will fill it with treasures and leave clues as to where to find it. Usually I am way more creative when it comes to the clues... but I was tired and not really wanting to do anything like that so green cellophane grass was going to have to do.
The girls didn't care when they saw their new treasures.
My new Easter door hanger
And cute SPRING blocks
This wasn't a project either, but a fun picture of Amy, her friend, and I about to run/hike the Menan Butte Trail Challenge. Fond memories!
This little baby was my fastest cross stitch project EVER! It was smaller... but it took me a grand total of 3 weeks to complete from start to finish! I had way too much time on my hands that month.
This was probably my biggest project of the year. We were getting new carpet and I decided to paint the girls' room (sorry, no pictures... another day... maybe) and give my room a makeover. This picture is the before. Blah! And by the way, my bed doesn't normally look that lopsided. Katie surprised Andy and I one morning and made our bed. I thought she did a pretty good job for a 5 year old. Anyway, you get the idea of how boring our room was. Our bedspread matched the walls and pretty much a big and very bare room!
Here are the different views in our newly remodeled bedroom! This is what you see when you walk in the door. Our awesome king size bed. Love it! The headboard was built by our friend and then I sanded, caulked, and painted it.
Our reading corner... or whatever else. We actually have a different rocking chair there and added a wicker basket for a couple blankets.
Our dresser, TV, and doors to go into the bathroom or out the room. The TV looks small there, but it's actually a big TV. I wasn't so thrilled about it being that big, but once I was put on bed rest in December 2012 I was loving it!
Our little bookcase. I say little because it's overflowing and we definitely need more shelf space.
And finally back to the first view. I wasn't so sure about the paint color when we started. I was going for a gray with a touch of purple in it... it turned out more purple than I expected. And in the different lighting it does look more gray. I absolutely loved the color when we were all done, though!
The best part of that project was it made a huge difference in the room but not on my bank account. It was remarkably cheap considering if I would have gone out and purchased everything brand new. The headboard was a heck of a lot cheaper to build than to buy. I kept the same bedspread. The lamps were downstairs, but never used. We brought in the rocking chair and bookcase from other parts in the house that were taking up too much space in those rooms. And the paint cost me... wait for it... about $30!!! I still have no idea how I managed to do it. One gallon of paint was all it took to paint my whole bedroom! And even when I painted the headboard I already had the paint from another project. It was awesome!!! I think the whole remodel was under $150.
My Valentine's Day door hanger
This isn't exactly a project... but I forgot to mention it in any earlier posts. For St. Patrick's Day we celebrate with the legend of the Leprechaun. If we decorate a box and leave it in the moonlight Lucky the Leprechaun will fill it with treasures and leave clues as to where to find it. Usually I am way more creative when it comes to the clues... but I was tired and not really wanting to do anything like that so green cellophane grass was going to have to do.
The girls didn't care when they saw their new treasures.
My new Easter door hanger
And cute SPRING blocks
This wasn't a project either, but a fun picture of Amy, her friend, and I about to run/hike the Menan Butte Trail Challenge. Fond memories!
This little baby was my fastest cross stitch project EVER! It was smaller... but it took me a grand total of 3 weeks to complete from start to finish! I had way too much time on my hands that month.
This was probably my biggest project of the year. We were getting new carpet and I decided to paint the girls' room (sorry, no pictures... another day... maybe) and give my room a makeover. This picture is the before. Blah! And by the way, my bed doesn't normally look that lopsided. Katie surprised Andy and I one morning and made our bed. I thought she did a pretty good job for a 5 year old. Anyway, you get the idea of how boring our room was. Our bedspread matched the walls and pretty much a big and very bare room!
Here are the different views in our newly remodeled bedroom! This is what you see when you walk in the door. Our awesome king size bed. Love it! The headboard was built by our friend and then I sanded, caulked, and painted it.
Our reading corner... or whatever else. We actually have a different rocking chair there and added a wicker basket for a couple blankets.
Our dresser, TV, and doors to go into the bathroom or out the room. The TV looks small there, but it's actually a big TV. I wasn't so thrilled about it being that big, but once I was put on bed rest in December 2012 I was loving it!
Our little bookcase. I say little because it's overflowing and we definitely need more shelf space.
And finally back to the first view. I wasn't so sure about the paint color when we started. I was going for a gray with a touch of purple in it... it turned out more purple than I expected. And in the different lighting it does look more gray. I absolutely loved the color when we were all done, though!
The best part of that project was it made a huge difference in the room but not on my bank account. It was remarkably cheap considering if I would have gone out and purchased everything brand new. The headboard was a heck of a lot cheaper to build than to buy. I kept the same bedspread. The lamps were downstairs, but never used. We brought in the rocking chair and bookcase from other parts in the house that were taking up too much space in those rooms. And the paint cost me... wait for it... about $30!!! I still have no idea how I managed to do it. One gallon of paint was all it took to paint my whole bedroom! And even when I painted the headboard I already had the paint from another project. It was awesome!!! I think the whole remodel was under $150.























1 comment:
How is it we never became project buddies while I lived there??? Seriously, you have amazing talent! In everything!! Wow is all I've got to say.
Post a Comment