"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Monday, March 24, 2014

21 Weeks!

I am 21 weeks today and we're so glad we have made it another week!  Our goal is to make it at least another 15 weeks and my friend commented to me yesterday that this is just a different kind of marathon training.  It's kind of crazy to think it took us the same amount of weeks to finish our training.

I had a follow up on Friday with Dr. Blea.  (He is the specialist that did my surgery.)  He said the stitches are holding up and everything looked good.  He said I should continue the advice of Dr. Hodges as far as bed rest goes since he is my physician.  So I am still down and trying to find things to do to keep my mind busy.

Friends have brought books, magazines, movies... and sweets galore!  People, we want this baby to come out chubby... not the mama!  My mom also made a countdown calendar with a little surprise something everyday so I have at least one thing to check off.  Wednesdays we do a game night, Fridays we do a movie night, and Saturdays are our "Hooray we made it through the week" reward nights.  The other days have something like a quote and then "read two chapters from a novel."  Every day is covered up so I don't know what game we are supposed to play or what movie to watch.  This last Saturday our reward was to buy a new outfit for the baby.  So I did a ton of online shopping trying to find the "bring home" outfit.  I finally decided on the one I wanted and sent Andy to go buy it since I was too cheap to pay for shipping.  When he brought it home I kept looking at it thinking it was too big.  My girls never fit into any newborn outfits so I was thinking a 0-3 month outfit would be fine.  However, I forgot that this one most likely will not make it full term.  So I have another one on hold and Andy better do his duty and pick it up after work.  :)

My friend, Sarah, also brought over a huge bag of stuff.  She looked on Pinterest what to get women on bed rest.  I thought it was awesome!!!  Now I have many things by my bed that I never realized I would need before now... tissues, lotion, lip balm, nail polish, air freshener, a book of crossword puzzles, a book of sudoku puzzles, and the one that made me laugh... animal cookies!  Two weeks ago I was at her house and her daughter was sharing her animal cookies with me.  I had mentioned something along the lines of, "I know this is silly, but I love animal cookies."

And the last bit of update... I had to have my first shot at home!  I can't remember if I had mentioned this before, but I also have to have a progesterone shot every Friday.  It has to be administered in my bum so someone else has to give it to me.  And as much as I love Andy there is no way he is coming near me with a needle!  My friend, Molli, happens to be a labor and delivery nurse and lives less than a mile away.  (She gives these shots all the time.)  And she agreed to get friendly with me for these 16 weeks.  Andy picked up the medication and supplies and brought them home to me.  I did a dumb thing and opened the bag!  It was all over after that.  I hate needles with a passion!!!  I literally screamed when I saw the giant needles!  When Molli came over I handed her the bag and told her I didn't want to see anything.  She was kind of laughing and told me the needles I saw were the filter needles and I should look at the actual one going in my bum.  She didn't believe me that I was so nervous my hands were sweating... So I wiped her arm and then she finally turned away to finish doing whatever she needed and I told her not to tell me anything... "Just do it!"  When she was finished I told her she could put everything back in the bag and then put it in the drawer where I don't have to see it.  She was still chuckling to herself when she left.  One down, fifteen more to go! (I sure hope)

Goals for today: "Keep pregnant" and read 2 more chapters from The Help.

2 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

I love how positive you are! Bedrest can't be easy, I'm so glad you have so many friends and your family to take such awesome care of you and baby!! So, how soon until you spill the beans on the sex of the baby??? ;)

Lex said...

After I talked to you tonight I realized I haven't been reading your blog so now I'm all caught up and I seriously read all of them! Medal or candy bar right? Ha. I loved reading them and can relate to a lot of it. Can't wait to see you next week!! You are awesome! Rather than a bun in the oven it's like those bread recipes from Pinterest that you can cook in you slow cooker. You are just slow cooking now. Oh man it will be SOOOO worth it. Ok. It's 3 am. I probably should try sleeping since I'm sure the twins will stir the minute I shut my eyes!