I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving... and I hope everyone is having a crazy Black Friday!!! I was one of those crazy ladies who got up before the crack of dawn to go shopping... at Jo Anne's Fabric and Craft! I have to say I rocked today!!! My mom and I split up and fulfilled our duties! I walked out of there with about 30 different kinds of fabric! And that was just the beginning... we shopped in seven different stores in four hours and four of those stores were before the sun came out... what a great morning! Now I'm just really, really tired and want to sleep the rest of the day. Too bad, the girls are awake. Maybe they'll take naps today so I can sleep, too. (Yeah, right!) Happy shopping to all, and to all a restful night!
I have to add the funniest thing Sammy said. We were at my mom's house and her father-in-law called. He asked over the speaker phone if we had a turkey for the big day. Sammy so innocently said, "The turkey's takin' a bath!" (It was thawing in the bathtub.) Everyone in earshot got a good laugh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I have been feeling yucky for a while now -- so Thanksgiving night I hurried and decorated the piano room for Skyler's birthday. He usually wakes up first and I wanted him to feel special, even if we were sleeping...
I thought, "IF I can be up by four, I'll go do the early morning shopping. BUT if I miss four, or five, I'm not killing myself to go shopping. I still wasn't feeling well.
I think I got up around eight or nine and sluggishly went about the house. Then I went out just after noon and got a few things that weren't big sales, but still sales.
I hit two stores that had great deals, so I felt like a winner in the end.
Maybe next year...
7 stores in 4 hours?? Wow I am very impressed. One of these days (when I don't have work to worry about)I will attempt the Black Friday early morning shopping!
I'm so impressed with your early morning trek. But what in the world are you doing with all that fabric? Are you becoming a quilter too? What a woman!
Post a Comment