...But they are sliding down the stairs in their toy boxes! Andy and I were lucky enough to sleep in on Sunday since neither of us had early meetings, and Katie slept in late. We kept hearing something going down the stairs followed by a thud. We thought they were sending their toys down. Well, that was the case for awhile. Sammy then convinced Ashley to go down the stairs in her toy box. Once Sammy saw it was "safe" she went down herself. They thought that was the funniest thing ever. I still can't believe it didn't wake up Kate! Andy then drilled it in their heads that it was not okay to ever let Katie or their friends go down like that. I'm now waiting for a broken bone from the landing at the end!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







10 comments:
Oh my gosh...the crash landing at the bottom is hysterical! And I love how Ashley is helping with the push off. Kids are crazy. Isn't it amazing that we all didn't get more hurt growing up? We used to slide down on boogie boards. Your girls figured it out early though!
Ha ha ha! This is the funniest thing! I remember doing stuff like this. Your girls are so cute!
Oh my goodness!! It's been a hundred years and hopefully you even recognize me!! =) You have a BEAUTIFUL family and I'm so happy for you!! Your girls are too stinkin' cute!! =)
I never did that as a child, what a dangerous sport. I especially love the landing! Thanks for the laugh & the memory of doing that myself with my sisters. I sure love you guys!
AHHHH this brings back so many memories. My brother and I used to do the same thing. We used air mattress'.
dang. i miss the fun days of doing that. i remember sliding down the stairs in boxes... but TOY boxes are the way to go. much sturdier. :)
That is so funny that they used their toy boxes...very creative! I thought she might have face planted that one and not like it, but she was so cute at the end bouncing up and down like that. And that goes so much faster than sleeping bags!
You're a good mom, no yelling, just get the video camera.
Then maybe you should never, ever tell your girls about the wall we'd jump from to the stairs...or about the sleeping bag races down the stairs!
And hey, I've got a great recipe for broken bones. It goes something like this (says Casey): One pair of loose-fitting socks, dry preferably. One dresser to jump off multiple times. One bed with metal railings, be sure they stick out just enough.
Jump to your hearts content from the dresser to the bed and just when you think you've mastered it, "slip" off and find those silly metal rails. Shockingly, a scream will follow and of course, the 'injured' grab.
Once done, expect a trip to the hospital, followed by a x-rays and a cool cast, and tylenol. Oh, and lots of people asking "what happened?"
Stories vary based upon substituted players, furniture and rooms.
Holy-cow... that is the cutest thing ever. Your girls are adorable! I remember doing that with a flattened cardboard box, the toy box seems a bit more sturdy. Kids are great!
Love, Emily
Post a Comment