"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Friday, May 15, 2009

One down...

As most of you know I ran a half marathon last month. It was such a great experience and accomplishment that my running buddy and I decided we're going to try and run a race every month at least till October. Tomorrow is our second half marathon and I'm totally pumped! Along the way we recruited Amy to run with us. She does great and I think she is totally insane!!! We decided two weeks ago that we were going to do the half marathon rather than the 10K and the most Amy had run was 6 miles... that's right... 6 miles!!! She registered to run the half marathon with us! (Amy might need a hip replacement after the race.) I'm really excited to run with Amy and Angie. They're seriously wonderful ladies whom I enjoy running with every day!

Thanks to those of you who commented on my carb post. I'll take your advice and we'll see how this race goes. (I really didn't want to eat my arm.) And thanks for all your support! If there's anybody out there that wants to run with us, let me know. I promise we're slow, and fun! :)

4 comments:

chingchong7 said...

Good luck on tomorrow's run! I'm sad I can't be there to cheer you on but if I were there I think maybe I'd run with you!

Can't wait to see you next week!

Patti Miller said...

Very awesome! Running is such an addiciting sport that non-runners just think we are crazy. Maybe they are right, but it is just an escape that compares to none!

John. Shiloam. Skyler. Casey. Courtney. Saylor said...

Congrats on the second race.

Mindy said...

Great job on the run! Such a cute little family you have there!

Mindy
Adopt a 'Do - Cute Girls Hairstyles