Okay, first I have to say that we love our neighborhood and we've had zero problems in the past. Everyone seems to get along and are very pleasant. With that said I have to mention something that really annoyed me.
I'm sitting here trying to do some work while watching You've Got Mail... minding my own business... very late at night. When all of a sudden I got a tap on my door. It was midnight for crying out loud! My first thought was, "Should I go wake up Andy?" My second thought was, "Maybe it's Brandon or Brigetta... no, they would've called first." So I peeked out my front window. (This has happened before and it turned out to be teenagers being immature and they ran off.) Peeking out the window was practically useless. My porch light is burned out and I could barely see a silhouette. My heart was racing and I stood there for a second and thought, "Well, they already know I'm here. I've looked out the blinds and the light is on." I didn't really know what to do and then I saw a woman standing at the edge of the lawn. (This next part I realize was absolutely STUPID on my part.) I opened the door! Thank goodness it was our next door neighbor... but he wanted to tell me that our backyard sprinklers were causing a flood. What?!!! You scared the poop out of me to tell me that you want me to turn off my sprinklers? That really couldn't have waited till morning? And here is the dumb part--- I turned off our sprinklers and our neighbor behind us has his going and there is a run off from his, too. So really I don't think it's just ours, if any that's causing his flood. Maybe they are just watering too much!
Am I crazy for thinking that common courtesy is even if a light is on--- you just DO NOT knock on someones door late at night? They could have called first! I'm sorry, but I'm totally annoyed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Holly molly girl how do you stay awake until midnight? Your neighbor could have waited until the morning.
I have had a neighbor do the same thing, before I married Reed. It's freaky! If no one is dying, it can wait until morning.
I admit, we did this to our neighbors once. We could hear something hitting concrete and it sounded something terrible out our window. When we went THREE houses up, they had a busted sprinkler head that was shooting more than two stories high, then falling onto concrete and running towards their house.
We debated knocking, but then we said, "If we woke up to a flood in our basement, we'd be pissed." So we lightly knocked. Apologized and she THANKED US because she had no idea it was creating 1) a small lake towards her home and 2) a small sonic boom every time the water hit the concrete.
Just be glad it wasn't worse.
Post a Comment