I talked to my sister-in-law the other day and she said, "You're alive! I haven't talked to you in awhile and you haven't updated your blog. I was starting to think you fell off the face of the earth." So, I'm back to say I'm still alive. We went to Idaho Falls for Halloween and had a great time... the drive there and back... well I can't post those naughty words. Anyway, we got home and that night were asked to speak the following Sunday. We got through that and now I'm in the middle of potty training. Can I just say I HATE POTTY TRAINING!!! To all those mothers who have potty trained before... HELP! I've tried several things with Ashley and she is not getting this down. I know it's only the third day, but she's 3 and she should be able to at least tell me when she's had an accident. But, no! She waits till I find it! We've tried setting the timer, giving potty treats, having a goal reward, and a "potty marble jar"! The list seems endless. If there are mothers out there who actually know the secret to potty training please let me know. I promise I will delete your comment and keep it a secret... I just want to get this child out of diapers. I've been changing two children in diapers for three years and I'm done!!! In the midst of all this guess who actually went pee and poop on the toilet? Katie! She's just over a year and she's done it! I know she's not ready but she made her poopy face so I thought, "Why not?" Much to my surprise... she did it.
Okay, so this is random. I was walking through the toy section at Walmart and you know how they sometimes have Barbie dolls that represent someone from a movie or TV series? Well I think the one I saw the other day tops the list of creepy! I've seen Grease, I Love Lucy, High School Musical, Sound of Music, and many more. Well, have you ever seen the movie The Birds? It's on the top ten list of scariest movies of all time. I just saw it for the first time last month and actually thought it was pretty dumb. But, if I had seen it in the 60's when it was made I probably would have tinkled a bit in my pants. Anyway, there was a doll that represented the girl from The Birds!!! It even had two black birds on her and one was on her forehead! Is it just me or does that seem like a bad idea? Some poor girl is going to get that for Christmas and have nightmares! There's the real nightmare before Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
You crack me up!!!
Thanks for your comment on my blog...you are too sweet!!!
Oh, come on. Give us the naughty words. :) Glad you're back. And yikes for potty-training. I am so dreading that.
As far as how to get it to show you when people have updated, all you have to do is go into "customize", then "layout", then "add a gadget", then add "blog list." It's super easy. Then you just have to add everybody on. If you have them on "google reader" it gives you an option to just add all those automatically. If you don't know what google reader is just ignore that part and you have to add them all in individually. A pain in the butt at first, but you will love it once it's up.
thanks for the tips. :) also, my friend was telling me about this lady called the "potty whisperer" and even tried her techniques out and it worked. i found this video of her online from the today show. its about 8 min. http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en-us&vid=a322140d-86f4-4229-b223-b115fd97a9d3&wa=wsignin1.0 you should check it out. the summary of it is that you need to make them clean up their own mess and make them be responsible for listening to their bodies instead of asking them. interesting info that i will definitely keep in mind when i get to that point.
Post a Comment