As most of you know I've been training for a half marathon coming up. I've recruited two girlfriends from the ward to train with me... still working on convincing them to run the race. Since we all have kids it's hard to work our running schedule around them during the day and end up running at night during the week. Last night a new route and five miles was on the schedule. Angela told me she was scared of dogs because she has been attacked way too many times. I said, "I'm not so I'll fight them off for you!" Well, we started our run and just after a mile on our new route we heard a dog. Angela started to slow down a bit and I really thought there was a fence that separated us. When I realized there wasn't a fence and the dog was chasing us I SCREAMED like a little baby!!! It scared the dog and he stopped in his tracks. We laughed so hard about me being a pansy and decided to change our route again and go to a familiar neighborhood. It was a good run and we ended up running a total of 6 miles! Wahoo!
Now to the small world... Angela and I were talking while cooling down and found out she grew up with two girls in my old ward in Colorado! What? Angela grew up in Hood River, Oregon and now we both live in Nampa, Idaho! How funny is it that I lived in Brighton, Colorado... met some cute sisters... and then moved to Nampa to find a fabulous running friend who grew up with them? To add to our funny connection... we found out just a few weeks ago that Angela's husband's uncle was in the bishopric in Utah at the singles ward Andy and I attended. It really is a small world after all. So Emily and Tamara Leavitt, if you're reading this Angela (Hornbeck) Thueson is my fabulous, fun, and cute friend. I've decided that we were meant to be connected somehow... and of course she's my visiting teacher... I'm just that lucky!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Hey! Your blog is so cute and your girls are getting so big. Crazy, how fast time flies! My maiden name is Wren. I knew some Moss's back in the day; however, my memory seems to be fading abit (scary thought, I know). Take care and good luck in your 1/2 marathon!!
That's amazing that you are running in a marathon. I could never do that...I am NOT a runner. And the dog story is hilarious! It gave me a good laugh!
i am adding you to my list of home-skillets!!!
thanks again for the party. i had a blast!!! love ya,
megan
Post a Comment