"By the assistance of letters the memory of past things is preserved, and the forknowledge of some things to come is revealed. By them even things inanimate instruct and admonish us."

Monday, January 18, 2010

Be Still

This evening it took quite awhile to get my baby to stay in bed! Unfortunately, all three of my girls are sick but Katie took the brunt of it. She finally went down around midnight but even now she randomly cries out, "Momma!" After she went to bed I felt I needed to sit and be still.

I started searching on the Internet for some possible answers. Andy and I have been struggling with a particular trial. The trial itself is irrelevant, but it's frustrating. I've come across some information and it makes me think about our decision that we feel is right. I've been advised, "Don't worry. Things will work out." However, it's hard to not worry. I understand that the Lord knows the desires of my heart, but He also has a plan for me and my family. What I wonder is will the two come together? In the midst of trials I know that we need to do our part and work hard. In this trial I must rely on the Lord completely. Andy and I have done what we can and the rest lies in the hands of our Heavenly Father. I guess for now I just need to "be still" and put my trust in the Lord.

2 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Thanks Ally. I think this is just what I needed to hear this morning.

chingchong7 said...

:) miss ya!